Focbox Unity burned out twice

Agreed. Two in a row could be bad ESC to motor connections, motor phase wires shorting against the motor or mount, partially shorted windings, corroded sensor wires, voltage spikes due to long battery cables, etc.

2 Likes

Just swap the motors and see if the opposite side pops LOL

4 Likes

I’ll definitely test this out again. We already did some base testing of it just by spinning it and nothing feels wrong.

1 Like

More intresting to know what motors you using, unities arent bullet proof, some motors esc just like less. Inductance plays a great part in that.

Might have already been told(im lazy) but what kind of battery are you using? ( Found it, 12s and flipshit 190kv)

Sadly I have no experience of those motors, so not sure. What does the motor values look like in the Tool?

1 Like

We set both the motor currents to 65A and -65A based on the specs from flipsky’s website. When we first plugged in the motors and ran the detection, both motors looked just about the same. The currents were ~60A and the other values (that I don’t quite understand) were nearly identical and acceptable according to my friend.

He means the detection values, I think. Not the current settings

1 Like

A damaged/shorted remote receiver can also blow an ESC.

Something to consider if you’re going to be bench testing or just swapping things into a board.

3 Likes

Yeah sadly I didn’t think to get a screenshot