Focbox Unity and Flipsky VX1

That Metr module works on those apps also.

It says its been updated to work with the standard Unity??

Actually, Enertion sort of didn’t pay her the agreed-upon fee for her work. Jason is a man of honour.

Sorry for another question, I have a PPM cable for the VX1 as per my original post but the JST connector in the Unity is different. Happy to put up on the original post but just looking for friendly advice on which connector it is?. Had to put it in here as had my hand slapped for creating a new post…

1 Like

Plug the PPM cable from the unity to the receiver like so.
Blue wire connects to the red wire of the unity so you can get battery % reading from your remote.

1 Like

Also, please do not be afraid to ask questions. Making too many posts at a time can be cluttery, but again you can always ask any questions here.

4 Likes

Hi bud, yeah, I got that. Its the connector in the Unity. The VX1 PPM cable doesnt fit and as it was seconhand I have no other cables.

1 Like

I need to solder a new connector on the end of the cable but can’t find what model/make of connector it is (although I’m assuming its a type of JST)… very annoying as I was setting the board up through the Focbox UI app on my laptop - thought I was gonna go for a blast this afternoon… but, no…

Ah sorry for the miscommunication, i meant you should use the PPM cable from the unity. That way it will fit.

The other end of the unity PPM cable is the same as most VESCs with PPM cables.

Unity includes a servo cable. Is there?
I easily connected to VX1 with PPM.

Hi, does anyone know what the type of connector is on the Unity PPM port please?
My VX1 PPM cable doesn’t fit and the Focbox didn’t come with any…
Thanks in advance
Simon

Bro why another post?
You got all the answers here

1 Like

I didn’t bud.
I have a PPM cable for the VX1 as per my original post but the JST connector in the Unity is different. Happy to put up on the original post but just looking for friendly advice on which connector it is?.

The unity comes with all the needed connectors in the box. You just need to do a bit of simple soldering.

1 Like

It was secondhand - no wires :frowning:

1 Like

3P JST-PH 2.54mm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XCRSD3T/ref=ya_aw_od_pi

If you’re in the U.S. and feeling real lucky maybe @arzamenable could send you a pair. I think he has a grudge against the post office tho.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be making a new thread for this.

Also, @Bindings_McGee is that really you @s5300 ?
Not really privy to whatever happened. Just glad to see a good resource of Information and experience return

I’m only here to help, a mod can decide to merge this to the noob thread.

Or you can petition to make me in charge of people. Might be a bad idea.

1 Like

Let’s do this. This place hasn’t gotten too civil and quite . We need a good churn haha

Believe or not, I’m actually still IP banned cough cough but yes, it’s me.

Tell that to the people who said I never contributed anything here and I might disappear forever :wink:

Correction: I was IP banned until atleast three days ago. Brother may have cycled the IP or it may have otherwise been lifted 🤷

1 Like