FocBox Tenka Talk

Beautiful.

Another question for the class: I think some numbers have been thrown out there on the number of Unity that were manufactured pre-collapse (1500-2000). I wonder what the failure rate on the power switches alone was. And were they in business long enough to fulfill RMAs?

1 Like

my death drawer says no, but its hard to see the unities under all the busted TB parts.

12 Likes

Wow, someone disturbed the troll nest today.

6 Likes

comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable, etc

2 Likes

And off with their hands!

6 Likes

So how many hands does potter owe us now?

3 Likes

don’t u mean feet in this case

2 Likes

it’s a bit more like Plate Tectonics imo

1 Like

I feel like the ESK8-BROS should be tasked with this duty.

You know, the ones who denounce thieves until free gear is on the table?

6 Likes

there HAS to be an SQL query for that… then we could have badges.

3 Likes

I feel like the dude owes me a friendship, on top of the $270

Maybe I should raise my bar a little.

2 Likes

tenor-44

6 Likes

The tanka looks identical to an ESC that freerchobby offered me a while ago. They wanted $90 or 115 with a cnc base a pop or something like that…supposedly vesc 6 based :joy: only capable of 70 motor amps

7 Likes

Anyone need questionably made foam grip tape? Anyone.?

2 Likes

So I’m a bit confused. Doesn’t this mean it performed minimally less than it’s rated maximum 150a max continuous system and a bit over it’s 70a continuous motor max?

2 Likes

buy a VESC.com you poor fella

also it’s a Unity with a discount. idk what needs explainin

Those ratings were written by someone that doesn’t know what they’re talking about anyway (the shop owner, not the engineer who designed it).

You’d never have higher system amps than motor amps, and 70A const means it should handle 74A for a few seconds without issue. Peak should be 100+ if const is 70.

I’d be curious just how much they underperform the Unity, which is already what I’d consider 'budget performance"

6 Likes

Poor may not be the word but not far from it. $400+usd isn’t easy for me to justify spending on an esc…

2 Likes

~$400 could get you a spintend and a puck. That’s two free quality-ish remotes vs non from Trampa

1 Like

I did this with neo-hubs. I ignored that they were strealing the design - karma stepped in and wasn’t just the design that was stolen.

Good luck with your ethically blinkered view of the world :joy:

9 Likes