FluxMotion.eu - website launch

Frédéric was honestly the most reliable and friendly vendor I ever had contact with. He changed the diy community for good, just by making stuff available.
He was even beta testing his own branded VESCs !(which I have and they kick ass!)

A dark day for our community, that’s for sure.
But he will be remembered in honor. Fluxmotion has put it’s mark on the world and I think it’s gonna take some time before we stop seeing those decks.

Frédéric, if you read this:

You did a great job.

33 Likes

Well holy fuck. I’m so sorry for Fredrick’s friends and family. Mental health is more and more of a problem these days and it’s sometimes hard to see when we as family/community need to step in and make sure things are manageable. My condolences go out to everyone. R.I.P dude. You will be missed.

17 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

@seaborder and @MartinSp used to do vesc repairs in the eu. Not sure if they are still doing it

3 Likes

Belgium is a special place, yep :grin: :smile: :wink:

1 Like

yeah still/again doing repairs in my free time.

At least got most parts again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My previous posts about the vesc got flagged for some reason. Thx for the info

1 Like

Was seriously sad to read of Fred’s passing :pleading_face: he was such a nice guy to chat to here.

I’ve kind of got the Flux v1 I was testing going again after some issues with various ESCs. Currently using a Maker-x D75(v2) but undercharging the 18s7p 30Q battery to 74.5v in order to not stress it(circuitry good for 84v iirc). Also changed motors to 6385 138kv Reachers so ummph is pretty good now. MBS T2 tires work pretty well on the wide open sand beach nearby. The Trampa trucks are squeaky & wobbly so I see a Dampa upgrade in the near future. Did a little shake-down test earlier today, kWh consumption is horrible & it weights more than your mom

7 Likes

Damn that consumption is HIGH dude, was that on the beach? I only see consumption like that on mine at the dog park in the long grass

1 Like

9” tires on heavy solid alum 3D wheels/3D 1:5 drive all on west Trampa trucks, + I think I’m turning into a fat b’stard too which prob doesn’t help :pregnant_man: couldn’t weigh it as the bathroom scales are broken :pregnant_man:

Yeah beach, sand was a little mushy so can prob improve on that

2 Likes

Ah yep, that explains it

2 Likes

Got my FluxESC working again !!
It seems I shorted 2 of my motor phase wires and this made me think the vesc was damaged.

+1 to you Fred, for making a vesc that doesn’t blow up during a shorted motor detection (multiple ones)

1 Like

Hi all!

As of today, on Frederic’s birthday, I am proud to announce that I am the new owner of FluxMotion.

With FluxMotion, we build high-performance electric longboards. Our boards are developed in-house and assembled by us in Belgium. Parts are produced worldwide.

As many people know FluxMotion was originally started by Frederic Adriaens.

Since 2018, Frederic was an active member of the DIY community, developing and selling parts for builders around the world through electricboardsolutions.

In 2020, a new brand was launched, FluxMotion, all the knowledge he had gained from selling DIY parts was brought together into one high-end board. The focus is on quality, premium design and excellent customer service.

Tragically, we lost the visionary behind FluxMotion in 2022. Frederic left behind awesome memories and an established company in the ESK8 scene.

In 2018, when electric longboards became a little more well-known, I became friends with Frederic. As we shared the same passion and studies and lived close together, we saw each other regularly. At these times, we talked about FluxMotion’s future projects, helped each other with problems, took a ride or exchanged spare parts.

For quite some time, I had been working behind the scenes to ensure that the assembled boards continue to meet Frederic’s strict standards and parts are shipped within 48h.

More cool news coming soon :smile:

42 Likes

I’m really glad to see Frederic’s legacy being carried on!

7 Likes

Very happy to have the brand continue to live on under the wing of a trusted community member like yourself. :heart: I wish you luck, and I’m excited to see what you have planned for the future! :smiley:

12 Likes

Hay man!! Props on stepping into the space, i adore my flux (icecream deck) and am keen to see where you go with it…

I want these…

But the shipping is crazy on a flat pack couple of plates. I remember a reasonable price on the deck and enclosure so was surprised to see this.

Alternatively… somebody else buy them so my problem goes away… :laughing:

1 Like

Hi @JesseM , can you send me a private message or email to: team@fluxmotion.eu with the correct shipping address? I will see if another shipping method is possible.

3 Likes

Hell ya dude, congrats, and I look forward to seeing the company continue to succeed

2 Likes

Congrats! I’m happy for you and the continuation of Flux.

Great stuff, hope you do well and continue to be one of Europe’s very few great places to order stuff from!

Are you maybe in future also doing/making batteries through Fluxmotion?