Flux with Benefits

I would think 14s7p would be a bit easier, 5x small compartments and 1x double compartment makes it naturally fit 7n groups right?

Or 14s9p 18650

2 Likes

Yucky
I know 18s6p/12s9p 21700 fit. 16s+ may be hard because of the size of the BMS. Maybe even 15s as it uses the same small LLT/Daly.

I think at 18s you’d toast the ESC, but there’s the 100v beta and StormCores

3 Likes

Yeah, I meant that in a general sense, but 18s is possible on the regular ubox as Ernesto’s been running it no problem (no promises)

1 Like

Due to the enclosure size/compartments I really haven‘t considered anything other than 12S.

10P would allow for high capacity cells…

1 Like

I recommend using the horn and brake light ports built in the ubox v2 if you go with this ESC

1 Like

Recommended break lights?

1 Like

How different is the new from the old enclosure?

Anyway to turn them on and off if you don’t have the remote?

2 Likes

Number of cells is the same, layout wise I’m unsure though.

1 Like

:joy::man_shrugging:

12 Likes

You can use any 12v light. This is the one I use. 2PCS Trailer Brake Light 15 LED Rear Light Trailer Truck LED Tail Light 10 30V Trailer Stop Signal Lights Tail Brake Light Bar| | - AliExpress you just need a way to mount whichever light you pick to the board. I designed and 3dprinted a mount for it to attach to my 3d printed box

It turns on only when you are braking with your esk8 remote wheel it can’t be turned on/off with the secondary buttons. You could solder some bullet connectors in between the UBOX port and the brake light to unplug it?

1 Like

Ok so the port is always on? I haven’t had a chance to really look at it yet.

1 Like

The port is always on but the light is only on when braking. For the horn, it is only on when you momentarily press the accessory button 1 on the uni1.

The Ubox V2 is also available for 20S.

2 Likes

Finally updated my build with the build progress and current state.

3 Likes

@BenjaminF beauty shots:

If only one shot, then this:

otherwise:

3 Likes

You done goofed, pal :laughing:

3 Likes

Nice jigs.