Flipsky VX4 ERGO Mod - Incredible new handheld experience.

Guys, I have come to the realisation that this mod for the VX4 is what it should have always been.

Tried a couple of changes, but ultimately its this.

Just wonted to share with you all.

The ergo on this is incredible. What a joy to hold.

8 Likes

obligatory i’m making a case for the vx4

i’m just uber slow

14 Likes

I like that they made it smaller to begin with since it means more room for adjustments if you want it bigger, but it can also work if you have smol hands. You can’t exactly reduce the size of the internal PCB if it is too big. At least I think it should work for smol hands. Haven’t used mine yet

4 Likes

I don’t love the feel of the vx4 nearly as much as my poastmote puck but the part I like the least is the throttle, it has no feedback compared to the metal nubbed throttle on my puck and is useless with gloves. If someone can make a new 3d printed throttle I would love it.

5 Likes

oh i wholeheartedly agree

that nub does not exist while i’m using it, and (i know it’s fw related, but still) the internal throttle expo is almost on the level of exway, and I can’t compensate it well enough with vesc throttle curve

that said, i haven’t had a problem with it’s performance in terms of radio signal and all that schtuff

2 Likes

also

too bad they offset the throttle a hair to the side of the centerline of the nub :neutral_face:

the design is kinda just blasphemous overall, i hated measuring it all out. (it even has a mix of imperal AND metric unit measurements :face_vomiting:)

3 Likes

Sounds like a fuggin challenge to me

3 Likes

My bad, should have said you can’t do it easily or without spending money aside from a new shell since you’d also have to buy that if you wanted to go bigger

As impressive as that is, I’d be too worried about the disk getting stuck to try and use a wii while moving. When I was a kid I put a gamecube disk in our wii since they’re supposed to work with it. It very shortly got stuck in the wii :upside_down_face: It was the classic wii so it was the model that was supposed to play gamecube games too

2 Likes

I was always fascinated by how much they were able to just cut off from the Wii PCB.

3 Likes

Poast if you Poastify the vx4 like you did for both my pucks. You would make my freaking day. DO IT DO IT!!

5 Likes

Ok this is pretty genius.

1 Like

Nobody tell the games consol modding folks this, they’ll raid the place with a dremel and chop up every circuit board we hold dear

Edit: just scrolled up and realised I made this joke 6 months ago, I am nothing if not consistent

6 Likes

Holy shit man, that thing’s beautiful. The 3ds potentiometer upgrade on this would make this an even more insane upgrade.

2 Likes

Do you have a file available for this? If you’re open to it, maybe toss it in the 3D Printables thread on here

3 Likes

Great minds and all that.

5 Likes