Flipsky VX2 Remote

Is there any legal issue that the VX2 potentially works with the latest VESCtool firmware?

I don’t know if they use OS code without releasing sources. If they would, that would be illegal.
The other thing is open code allows the community to look into issues and do bug fixes.
The experts could judge if there are issues and the code could improve.
In any case, it should continue to work even with an updated VESC FW.

Hello
Just recieved my vx2 and this thread helped me tons.
Ty
Any one having issues with inaccurate mph display.
I have a torque boards direct drive set up, so not sure if I should change settings in the remote or in the vesc tool?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Change gearing in remote settings to 1-1

1 Like

There’s a specific option for hub or pulleys now. Have you done the settup @esk8ter710 ?

Ty guys
I did try hub and pulley, didn’t notice a difference but I’ll have to test that out.
I also tried putting both pulleys in the remote to 1 to 1 but not sure if that would even work as 1 to 1 for my direct drives.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: @mackann @BigBen

1 Like

These are available for like half off rn. edit: These appear to be the first version of the vx2, which have mixed reviews.

3 Likes

If they are the first version they aren’t worth it at half price.

jk, these look like the older versions. Probably not worth the buy if that’s the case.

Vx2 pro:

3 Likes

Anything better compared to the white/black screen?
(Throttle, reliability) stuff that they didn’t announce.

Any lag on acceleration or big deadband?

Better respons, working with Unity, can change between mph/km h

2 Likes

@Ricardo check it out. Working on the Unity!

2 Likes

Does it work with any vesc toll fw? Or do i need to have the updated Can bus feature in the vesc fw?

Can anyone crack open the vx2 Pro and take a photo of the circuit board. If love to see if they are using the same board just with updated firmware for the pro model

I can when I get home in a minute.

1 Like

is the whole of the inside of the remote used by the electronics or is there unused space inside?

The reason I asked is that I wanted to offer it to my wife, but it’s too big for her hands (badum tss). Maybe someone could fashion a smaller enclosure for smaller hands?

1 Like

sounds good mate

It could be reduced in size I’m sure. I have the files (somewhere) for the case so for someone who is that way inclined they could probably design a new smaller case?

1 Like