Flipsky VX1 with UART or PPM?

Hey guys, I was wondering what to use for my flipsky vx1 remote. I was going to use PPM but in the manual, it says that I need to use UART if I want to reverse. I want my board to be like a boosted board (towards is forward, backward is the reverse, not break if you know what I mean). How can I get that? What should I use?

I don’t know if this information is relevant but I am using a dual 6354 setup and dual maytech vescs

2 Likes

YIKES

6 Likes

Not exactly like it, I just like the way the remote works. This may be the default, but on my pre-built throttling backwards makes it come to a complete stop instead of moving in reverse.

I honestly don’t know what you want, but maybe investigate the different options in the VESC tool…

lots of options…

1 Like

You can use PWM control and tell the VESC you want forward/reverse with brake. Or without brake, that’s also an option.

3 Likes

its not polite to speak ill of the dead. lol

4 Likes

Ohh ok, so even though it says use uart I can use ppm?

1 Like

Yes. The receivers are the same. The only thing different is cable. If you have a PWM cable from somewhere else that receiver will work with PWM. Just get the Grnd, Signal, and +5 lined up correctly and you’re golden.

4 Likes

Ah ok, thank you! I’ll go with that then

4 posts were split to a new topic: city blade’s weird receiver