Flipsky New Board

While I’m inclined to agree, there’s a %90+ chance they outsourced the batteries to another manu, as that’s so cheap to do in Shenzhen.

Flipsky makes PCBs and motors, and now CNC’d components (trucks/wheels). I don’t expect them to expand into batteries for the couple dozen or so boards they sell per year between this and their flex clone. Especially when there’s a pack maker down the road.

HEY! I had a sweet 94 yzf 750 with the same paint scheem,so ugly it never went down .
download

So even less reputation lmao

1 Like

Except for the fact that the manuals are shit and their site also doesn’t have enough information to help you. You know something is wrong when it is a common consensus that to get their remote to full pair with a VESC you just have to keep trying random shit in VESC tool until it suddenly starts to work.

Once you get past that point they seem to work fine at least.

1 Like

I’ve had issues with maytech remote documentation but never Flipsky, and I’ve used quite a few Flipsky remotes.

1 Like

Except for shitty can rattle, weird harmonics and crappy sensor placement, theyre the best at mediocrity

1 Like

Respectfully disagree. At high rpm they hit a harmonic frequency and scream like hell, the manuals are poor and the cables are too short. The motors aren’t horrible, I’ve put 400 miles on mine and they still work fine, but they are certainly not excellent.

gosh, I’d never buy flipsky first iteration at a complete, sounds like a death trap even before looking at the specs
If I was to buy a chinese complete with a 2k budget I’d go for the exway 4wd whatever they call them, at least I’d trust the esc and QC
And I’d still be able to grab an extra battery or whatever goodies for the same price

I keep getting back to editing this post like Rambo with nam’s flashbacks,
I mean most of the issues I had in I esk8 was because of them, remote desintegrating in my hand out of nowhere, remote receiver taking fire (wtf?), I even had one spring pop out mid ride with the first iteration of their channel trucks because the one they sent me wasn’t the good same size as the other and they asked me to pay for shipping the good size one x)

Ridding a 25kg flispsky board ?

1 Like

I have no complaint with Propulsion’s motors being rebranded Flipskys. Propulsion makes no bones about the fact that that’s what they are and they’ve worked flawlessly for me (they claim to be battle-hardened). It’s true they make a whining noise at high RPMs but I actually like the noise.
When I built my second board even tho it was mostly boardnamics parts I bought the Propulsion motors again.

I did find the VX1 remote to be only OK and the VX2 to be garbage but it seems like Flipsky has finally figured it out with the VX4.

3 Likes

Yup, flipsky motors are fine imo, I have a 12s4p and they work nicely, but if I were to do anything larger I would buy better motors.
As for their remotes I’ve only tried the VX2, and it was a good remote but I had a few disconnections and swapped to a puck. I live in london so there was tons of interference tbf.

@Afroleus @GnomeMeansNo Sorry for the late reply. We have the kit in stock atm

2 Likes