Flipsky motor pulley and my motor shaft doesnt fit.

So… I brought this motor that is 10mm shaft which it is. Then I brought Flipsky motor pulley that is 10mm as well. It just the flat section is 0.50mm off.Anyone had this issue before.

1 Like
1 Like

This is easily fixable by sanding the shaft flat spot down to accept the pulley.

Yeah, it’s one of the several reasons to avoid using D pulleys and shafts. Your best option is to take a dremel or grinder, or other abrasive tool to the shaft and remove material until it fits.

1 Like

Lmao nvm

I’m dumb @ times. Might have smoked too much Mary J Wanna lol

1 Like

He’s measuring across the flat.

1 Like

should I sand down the motor shaft or Pulley? Which one will be the important part?

You should sand down the motor shaft because it’s easier.

What’s important is that they fit.

2 Likes

Is this one of those 6374 170kv motors? If so, I’ve had six pairs of them and about for about half of them, I had to sand down the shafts. Annoying, but easy.

:wink::smirk::kissing_heart:

Weird, the motor is out of spec. I was just looking in to this shopping for pulleys for a 10mm D shaft motor. All the Flipskys have the flat spec’ed as 8.5mm.

flipshit

1 Like

I’d argue the best option may be for the seller to make it right.

But it’s Flipsky :grimacing:

1 Like

Same with flip round 8mm shaft. The keyway was fouled slightly. But a plus was, I removed JUST enough, so that the pulley had ZERO SLOP anywhere. So, the pulley doesnt loosen ever, without thread lock.