Flipsky FSESC 6.6 Dual Plus issues

Super new to DIY eskates and was looking to upgrade my cheap complete longboard I got from diyeboards. I figured I would try my luck with FSESC 6.6 dual plus.

After setting it up in VESC tool and tested it on the actual road, I ran into some cut out issues. On the Xmatic app on my phone, I tracked my ride and noted that I received two fault codes repeatedly. The two codes are FAULT_CODE_DRV & FAULT_CODE_UNDER_VOLTAGE (i have attached a screenshot below). The cut out happens when I am doing full-throttle on the remote (VX2) for about 5-8 secs straight. I hit about 25-30kph before the cut out. The vesc itself would actually power off. Below are my specs and settings:

Belt Driven Longboard

5055 x 2 motors 270KV (from diyeboards) - 80a max continuous motor pulley - 13t, wheel pulley - 35t Flipsky FSESC 6.6 dual Plus w/ Switch 10s5p 10ah battery -> 50a continuous current UART VX2 Remote NRF for bluetooth connectivity

Motor Settings on VESC TOOL (FOC sensorless mode):

Motor Amps max: 60a

Motor Amps min: -40a

Battery amp max: 50a

Battery amp min: -20a

Max ERPM: 60000

I searched this forum for suggestions and tried to flash firmware again. Went through the same process and still had the cutout issues. Also read that, the DRV chips could be faulty.

I contacted flipsky directly. After speaking to Xu at flipsky over email, she told me to reprogram and make sure to use default settings (100K ERPM). I used everything default, I did motor set up in FOC in VESC tool and did not change anything. The cutting out is still happening. This time the vesc tool defaulted to these settings after running detection in FOC mode:

Motor Amps max: 49.69a

Motor Amps min: -49.69a

Battery amp max: 130a

Battery amp min: -60a

Max ERPM: 100,000

Same exact problem. FYI, I also tried it in BLDC mode with now success. They are now just asking me to show a video of how I set it up. To me, that will get me nowhere, but I may just do that just to give them something.

Many are suggesting the issue is due to hardware quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LOGS
Here are the logs from the default vesc tool settings as mentioned above. I’ve highlighted the rows where the cut outs happened. starting at 320t ish row then another around the 1100th row. You can see the motor current goes up to 70a.

Please visit google drive link here --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dKBvWBK3zJavOXHx3jUHM38AnxXv10Eq

1 Like

As a test I’d suggest you lower the battery amps to 30 and see if there errors still occur. Lots of these errors are phantoms using earlier VESC further revisions on FlipSky & Maytech VESCs.

If the errors still occur try loading the Ackmaniac firmware and see if it still happens.

Thanks I will try this!!! The snow is starting to fall here in Calgary so it may have to wait for testing. I definitely should have gone with the none plus version.

1 Like

Here are the logs from the default vesc tool settings as mentioned above. I’ve highlighted the rows where the cut outs happened. starting at 320t ish row then another around the 1100th row. You can see the motor current goes up to 70a.

Please visit google drive link here --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dKBvWBK3zJavOXHx3jUHM38AnxXv10Eq

In my experience with the FlipSky 4.20s anything over 50a is gonna cause problems. I haven’t used the 6s so cannot do other than theorize.

1 Like

Noted! I will keep that in mind when I get to testing.

1 Like

This is just a hunch so take it with a grain of salt.
Maybe the 270kv motor are a problem. I would suggest getting some other motors which will be a good upgrade anyways.

thanks mate, will def consider that.

270k could be the issue could be torquelock, creating some weird feedback. Yes 200 amp is bs limit a 6.6 plus to 60 or 70am max.

2 Likes

Thanks mate!

1 Like

did you ever end up figuring this out?

i am planning to run the 6.6 mini with 270kV 5045 motors sensored.

should max out about 80,000 erpm