Flipsky Double Kingpin Trucks for DIY Electric Skateboard | Longboard | Esk8

Has anybody tried these yet?? They have a 14.53 inch set Which sounds enticing let me know your thoughts?

1 Like

It’s about the same thing as Ownboard offers, Evolve has the same but better quality

It will not be spectacular quality and I would highly suggest asking @RipTideSports to help get new bushings once they arrive but it should work just fine and DKP is fun AF

5 Likes

@ZachTetra Are the ownboards that wide? 14.53??

2 Likes

Nah, 12"

2 Likes

What motors and wheels are you gonna be running? Personally I’d stick with smaller trucks but that’s just me

2 Likes

Tb6380 maybe but something in that size but ya when they come in I will definitely get some better bushings I just wanted something that could hold a decent size tire and big motors and carve like crazy

1 Like

I noticed those the other day, tempted to pickup a pair or two of the wider ones to use instead of the evolve trucks I had originally planned gotten.

2 Likes

I ordered them just out Curiosity when I get them and a set up for them I’ll post it :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Update

Waiting on 10mm spacers These dkp are wide
Haven’t decided on this deck bustin robot 41
And maybe a different wheel

5 Likes

Are those the 14" or 12" version? I just ordered a set of the 14" for an AT build.

1 Like

hey, if you want to get all of this cheaper go to Alibaba…com and go to FlipSky. Im guessing the shipping will be more expensive but check it out

1 Like

14.53 10 mm axles witch they don’t advertise
So keep that in mind :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

And I’m definitely thinking about a AT build these things are wide :sunglasses:

1 Like

What’s the name of the deck? Where from and how much?

1 Like

Did you run into any motor bite or layer delamination with it yet?
I got a clone of that deck, exact same cutout, and the back end split in between the baseplate and the main body of the deck. I hope it’s just mine and not a general flaw of that model

2 Likes

Yes it definitely needs some glass or carbon to Strengthen it up it’s just my test dummy for right now

1 Like

2 Likes

Pics:

If you have nice streets around i wouldn’t worry too much i guess. I ran it with 85a 83mm wheels through london roads when it finally split.
London roads are… um… on some roads it’s better to ride on the sidewalk, made of pavement, or just dismount completely and save your legs

5 Likes

By the way, don’t forget washers on the nuts under

1 Like

These 14.53 dkp are Definitely made for the AT rider
I’ll have more pics soon :call_me_hand:

2 Likes