flipsky display compatability issues

Might be firmware related. Don’t those things need updates

im using the new vesc tool. maybe it needs to be updated. not sure how to do that

there is no mention of it on the flipsky site

Afaik the flipshit screen is just a bad copy from @janpom’s Davega. Maybe his fw still runs on those? idk, not a lot of people use them.

Yeah that’s probably your issue. Your on 5.3 I’m guessing firmware and the display doesn’t know how to read the info. Maybe try updating the firmware with how the official Davega is

1 Like

UART enabled on the Stormcore?

1 Like

thats the code? do i insert that somewhere? thats not something im familiar with.

No. @bboybowzer’s comment is misleading. The flipsky display has nothing to do with the DAVEGA X.

Check that you have UART enabled on the Stormcore.

In the VESC Tool set:

• App Settings > General > App to Use: PPM and UART
  • App Settings > UART > Baudrate: 115200 bps
1 Like

if I remember correctly flipsky display is basically the open source davega. Roxie is a fork of that and they reported that code also broke with 5.03. Seems like packet length has changed.

Yes, that could also be an issue. @deadpirate, which VESC firmware version are you running?

Cool, wasn’t sure. Their website for the product just says based off of Davega :disguised_face:

5.3 the latest vesc tool

That’s how it’s already set.

OK, I guess it’s not compatible with 5.3 then. Your options are:

• Wait for Flipsky to implement it. (Good luck.)
  • Downgrade your VESC firmware.
  • Get some other display that actually has an active firmware development. :wink:
5 Likes

They mean the OS Davega. That’s different from DAVEGA X.

1 Like

you are about to make some money off of me. time to get the davega x. lol

6 Likes

In the mean time, I would flash your flipsky display with Roxie software, simple line change and then you’ll have telemetry in the mean time and a backup in case of the worst happening to your DaveGA X.

1 Like

The display might just be broken.

I had two on my board at one point. Both just broke. Nothing on the display. I left one on the board broken, and one day it came back for a few minutes and then died out again.

Those displays are garbage, don’t waste your time trying to make them work. Throw them awayand get an actual Davega.

2 Likes

Imagine a vendor supporting a product that was ripped off from them and being sold by someone else as a cheap knockoff, and not even charging for the support.

@janpom you rock. I just want to make sure everyone knows what’s going on here. You should send Flipsky an invoice.

7 Likes