flipsky battle hardened 6374 vs ?

I own both of them
2500km on Maytech 6374 - replaced the bearings, but magnets and everything else was fine
500km on Flipsky battle hardened - still performing good, can’t say anything bad about them

So, I think, it’s only about the price and availability

5 Likes

No complaints about them. The strain relief on the sensor connectors are quite bad, but it’s nothing important.

You can find the motors for pretty cheap on AliExpress btw, looks like as low as $66 each. Shipping adds an extra $18 each though. This was the HGLRCTech storefront, which seemed to be the parent company of Flipsky or something like that.

2 Likes

so what you’re saying is you thought about a motor everyone has known and loved and considered buying some crap with loose magnets that required this whole battle hardening thing to happen in the first place?

4 Likes

+1 to this.
The FS battle hardened seem promising but why risk it when you can pay a couple extra bucks for the Maytechs which are renowned for their quality.

1 Like

This isn’t necessarily true for everyone. I had just as good luck with old flipsky motors as I did with TB motors.

Either way tho, the “battle hardened” line is flipsky’s first motor’s designed and produced in house. The other were all a diff OE. Does that mean it’s better or worse? Could be either really, but personally I’ve heard near zero complaints about the new motors, non the contrary mostly positive remarks.

And on the flip side, not the flipsky, maytechs reputation has fallen quite a b with all the overheating issues. Especially the 96’s which were supposed to be the best motor ever, but the 74’s definitely suffered from the same issues.

7 Likes

Had this weird issue occur today while messing with my motors, they seem to gain resistance and clicking at certain angles.
Both are brand new motors.
Anyone have an idea?

sounds like something scraping on your stator. probably a loose magnet.

3 Likes

Fucking bitch lasanga.
Is there anything I can do? Or should I just return them.

3 Likes

take it apart and see what’s in there.

Looks like the excess blue epoxy or what not may be touching the top little pcb part. I’m not sure

any signs of rubbing or wear on the stator, sensor plate, or windings? Check the stator for broken wires.

Nothing I can see really…

Don’t want to buy crap at all!! Thus, the reason for my post. Just want to get the best motors for my build. I will spend top dollar if need be. I want the best

1 Like

turn the bearings with your finger and see if any of them feel gritty.

1 Like

Actual top dollar? There are $200, 300 motors that are more reliable?

2 Likes

If you actually wanna get cleaned out :sweat_smile:
https://land-surf.com/products/xcell™-turbine™-series-6542-motor-hypertrucks-fit

OR

7 Likes

Both of the bearings feel perfect

Why not purchase in their offcial website with lower price now :Flash Sale 2PCS Flipsky Battle Hardened 6374 Motor 140KV 190KV 3500W f – FLIPSKY

Because I needed them last year, not now :slight_smile:

Also it shows up as $162 without shipping for me on their official site, which is the same price I paid for mine with shipping included, so it’s not actually cheaper.

Cheapest flipsky are on banggood