Flipsky 75100 - Flux linkage detection failed

Hi all,
hope this is not too much of a noob question. My motor and controller ran well. Not sure what happened, but at some point during testing, the chain got stuck and the motor gave a loud noise.
When trying to re-setup my motor I get the “Flux linkage detection failed” error. I tried the following:

1. Restored the motor default settings
  2. Tried FOC and BLDC
  3. Checked all wirings → looks ok, no touching wires, no bad soldering
  4. Switched two motor phases
  5. Re-flashed the firmware back from 5.3 to 5.2 and back to 5.3
  6. Opened the controller, all cables etc. look ok
  7. Changed the motor, but still the same result. → so pretty sure the problem is with the controller, NOT the motor

But still I still get the same results when trying to setup the motor. Any other thoughts please?
Thanks a lot,
Marc

Does the motor offer resistance when you turn it by hand? If yes, one or more of the phases is shorted out, probably because of overcurrent while the chain got stuck.

Well, I can turn the motor by hand, no issues.
Also I already tested a second (brand new) motor and got the same results. That’s why I’m suspecting the controller. :frowning:

2 Likes

It seems like the motor got a hit from overcurrent. New motor and new controller and all works ok. Thanks for your help

I’m sorry, but I need to get back to this.
I just tested with a 100% ok motor and the error is still the same. I measured all hall signals:

• Voltage input is ok (5V).
  • Voltage return is between 0 and 3,5V per phase, so seems ok to me as well.

I’m afraid this is where my knowledge ends. If that is all good, what is the next thing to test? The phases themselves? If so, how?
Thanks,
Marc

You’d need to test the mosfets (good YouTube videos on how) and the gate drivers.

You could use a multimeter on diode mode with the positive on ground and negative on each of the gate driver pins to see if they all read the same. If not replace the odd one.

Thanks jaykup. In the meantime I ordered another controller which was delivered yesterday. It shows the exact same issue. So maybe the seller (banggood) is crap?
Where do you usually source your controller (Europe, ideally Germany).
Thanks a lot,
Marc

I’ve ordered two that worked well. I just order from random suppliers on AliExpress. One is no longer listed, and this one worked too is but the price is higher now.

So back to your original issue, I don’t think it’s a problem with a specific ESC, but rather settings.

Here is some good reading:

Sounds like a few things may be causing problems:

• Battery voltage cut-offs might be too low (Motor settings → General → voltage → start = 3.4 x series and end = 3.2 x series.
  • Need to load motor and app defaults then write to the device
  • Poor quality soldering on motor connections
  • Wrong motor selected during detection, might need to manually detect flux linkage individually by adjusting detection current (Motor settings → FOC → General → Flux button)
2 Likes

Thank you so much. That leaves me with a lot to try and error :slight_smile:

1 Like

In addition to this:

Have you tried charging the battery? Sounds like a dumb question but if the battery cutoff is set correctly the controller could still limit/cut off power because the battery is discharged or approaching the limit

Also if you post screenshots of the motor>FOC>general page to see what parameters are detected and a photo of the setup wired up just to see if anything jumps out to a second set of eyes. Though from your description it doesn’t sound like there’d be anything physical obvious

Hi all,
I probably made a dumb mistake. When I tested my setup I didn’t have anything connected to the motor (e.g. chain, drive etc.). I also changed a few settings before running the detection again (select bigger motor, corrected battery capacity).
And for some reason the detection went through perfectly fine and the motor runs as expected.
Not sure, what exactly solved my issue, but I’m just happy that it works. :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot to everyone who was helping!

1 Like

Just incase anyone else has this issue you need to make sure filters are disabled before running FOC wizard. This will definitely cause this issue along with 0 observer gain and lower resistance than what is really there.