⚔ Flipsky 6374 vs Maytech 6374 vs Ali C6374 (Dickyho motors)

Should in about 1-2 weeks. Should fit for jst 2.0 with no adapter.

1 Like

Photos from my workplace? :laughing:
Put some Loctite in and you’re good to go.
Like this.
You actually drill a hole and tap the hole to secure it.

1 Like

Vesc FW5.x :ok_hand: HFI enabled on the unity :smiley: Its sweet as hell.

Perfect thread :slight_smile: Was looking at new motors just now. Leaning towards SK3s cause I got them now and they work well. Would like a set of TBs but they will be 190kv :sob:

WHAT!? HOW!? I’m running the latest FW and can’t find that option. Wanna give me a hint :pleading_face:

I’m using cheap 6364 190kv, the power is decent. Dust inside isn’t a problem until you get into sand. But if it’s regular city ride then no worries, just time to time blow a compressed air and you’re good. After some usage and maintenance can might catch some loose in shaft length axis, but it does not cause any trobule.

You need to flash the unity with the Vesc tool :slight_smile: Was a bit afraid that it was going to be a mess setting up but was actually really simple

I got it working! Thanks!
There’s still a little bit of cogging but so much better than before.

Unfortunately this discovery has led to one less sale for a certain vendor since the only thing wrong with my motors was the sensors.

1 Like

Fantastic post I was skeptical about the new FS 74, looks like they are almost there. I will stick to maytechs or TB. I had one of my FS 6354s fail this week. I suspect the sensors have a issue and needs new bearings.

1 Like

One thing that bothers me about all the motors that use two set screws is that they put them 180° offset.

This is wrong. Set screws need to be 90° offset. When they are 180°, only one of the set screws actually binds.

TB gets this wrong on pullies too.

4 Likes

That’s because we always use a keyway.

2 Likes

Belting online uses a keyway as well.

But it doesn’t matter, if the set screws are 180° then there’s no difference between using one and using two. It has to do with the way the forces are distributed between the shaft and the pulley.

In the case of one, the set screw pushes against the shaft and the shaft pushes against the pulley, the pulley pushes back. Additionally the shaft gets squished and pushes against the pulley at right angles. If a 180° set screw is added, then the force ends up being loaded onto the second set screw instead of the pulley. The effect is no additional binding force is actually added, forces are simply offloaded from the pulley to the set screw. You can see this clearly when tightening both set screws. Loosen either one and you’ll find that the second one no longer binds.

In the case of 90°, the forces of the two set screws are perpendicular and do not interact with each other, and the pulley pushes back against both set screws. So now both set screws are binding to the shaft.

Don’t get me wrong. Your pullies are nice. I’m just saying they’d be even better if the set screws are 90° offset :).

15 Likes

The old ones aren’t made by the same factory/people at all

2 Likes

Ehh fuck all that just use green loctite and be done with it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4 Likes

Are the 63100 on the way too? :sunglasses:

Sounds good. :ok_hand: I’ll consider it on next revision. Thanks!

14 Likes

Gonna have to agree with you on this one 90 degrees is definitely superior

3 Likes

@Anubis, can u check this thread I’ve posted some time ago ? https://forum.esk8.news/t/strange-noises-from-the-motors-any-idea/25525 , are you referring to this phenomenon ? If yes, will other motors than maytechs will not suffer from this problem ? (I’m looking for a better solution)

1 Like

4 Likes