Flipsky 63100 - Anyone had any issues?

This doesn’t really help anyone for trying to give you a better suggestion for motors. We kinda need to know what your building around or use case to offer suggestions.

Just saying I want more torque and this is what I have currently but what I’m building isn’t this at all. Doesn’t give anyone info to help with suggestions.

I can connect to non-https sites just fine, but this site in particular has a few flaws that made it difficult to connect to. I thought maybe it was my apache installation, but it seems there’s other reasons as well. Not a good sign for a company to have regular http anyway.

This was really to see what people’s experiences have been with Flipsky motors in terms of reliability. Any motor recommendation should be one that’s close to the rated wattage and torque of the Flipsky 63100. I don’t need help figuring out kind of motor or specifications. This is entirely about build quality.

Performance wize, my 63100’s did well, i ended up binning them from an annoying can rattle at a certain rpm, im not sure if theres a fix or not for them, i may just repurpose for a trike im building. Have moved onto better motors now that dont annoy the shit out of me.

Im not a huge fan of flipsky, dodgy procucts and dodgy practices.

1 Like

I see, Radium motors right?? The site looks fancy, I’ll see what they’ve got :slight_smile:

They look high quality! They don’t have torque readings, I suspect the lower KV versions would have similar torque to the 63100. If they had shaft and other options I’d of considered it seriously.

Shoot @Tony_Stark an email, super helpful dude and may have options, not sure

1 Like

Oh he’s here! I’ll do that :3

Personally I think most of their stuff is crap and I’ve tried various ESCs and other things from them that didn’t last long. The motors however are OK and a number of companies that are selling branded motors are actually selling Flipsky but I think the hall sensors themselves are not battle hardened so they don’t last very long. However, like all things, you pretty much get what you pay for.

2 Likes

I was recommended to get Maker-X ESCs, they look very reliable!

Everyone has their experiences to draw on. My one experience with Maker-X wasn’t great. I would personally go for Stormcore or take a look at the SKP Solo, it’s on the Skyart site. You’re also paying for better support in many cases. I’m willing to pay to get stuff that’s not shipped internationally and to have easy conversations with fast response. As I said, you usually get what you pay for. Any discussions with Flipsky are a joke. With the one ESC I had from Maker-X, they wanted me to ship it back to China to look at it. Honestly, I couldn’t be bothered and by the time they even replied to me I was using something else.

What was wrong with it??

I had an issue with the 63100 motor from Flipsky and they sent me videos on what I should do to try and fix it. When it didn’t work they sent me a new motor. Though they are slow to respond at times.

After talking with him, it seems their Radium 6485 is able to output 10.5Nm on stall. While they do have a 10mm shaft option, they’re currently out for the next few months.

I don’t need the motor right away, so if that is available when the time comes, it’ll definitely be a consideration.

Also, randomly found this new motor on Flipsky’s site. It’s not for esk8 and isn’t exactly what I’m looking for, but an interesting motor! I have no idea why it has two shafts :joy:

Brushless DC motor 80100 130KV 7000W for Electric Bike | Electric Skat – FLIPSKY

I like my 63100s, but they’re screamers.

2 Likes

there are plenty of builds with 80100s. the two shafts are for earoplanes

^not mine, dunno were i found it but a good use for the two shafts

1 Like

How does the maytech 6389 can compare to the flipsky? asking cuz i swapped my 84s with some lacroix 6389

I had both in hand for a brief period and the only difference i saw was flipsky doesn’t use the large outer bearing. Maytechs just run hotter i guess?

Yea, no joke!

That’s pretty interesting! Too bad they’re no battle hardened.

we are a diy forum, grab some epoxy and i believe there is a thread on how to do it.
p.s always check the ‘battle hardening’ before you put the motor on a build as some motors who claim to have it don’t

1 Like

I don’t believe it would be difficult at all, but straight from a good factory is better, and this particular projects calls for good reliability.

Also in terms of reliability, this Flipsky VESC has been very tempting due to the price. I know Flipsky doesn’t have the best reputation, but from what I’ve read they seem to work fine as long as they don’t explode early on.

Flipsky 75200 84V High Current With Aluminum PCB Based on VESC For Fig – FLIPSKY

I’ve looked at a lot of forums on here about Flipsky ESCs, and it seems people either have trouble free riding for a long time or it breaks down shortly after purchase.

Anyone get this particular ESC? Any experiences out there on how it has held up?

Ali Express has a sale on it for $189

This is accurate of my experience with flipsky. Everything seems perfectly normal up until the point of explosion.

i can confirm that is in fact good life advice

1 Like