FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

Love that! :hugs:

:open_mouth: Assuming it’s similar in size to the current 12s version, I NEED that :smiley:

4 Likes

Just a heads up, it seems like PayPal doesn’t allow you to surcharge your customers for using it as a payment method.

5 Likes

Congratulations Simo! looking forward to all your development work!

2 Likes

Yeah the easiest solution is making it cost a little bit more

1 Like

That’s easy, just raise prices and offer a discount for not using PayPal / ServiceName

6 Likes

Right. That’s what I did. The problem is that all prices then look more expensive than they actually are (if you don’t use PayPal). That kinda sucks since most people don’t decide about purchasing rationally. For some, $99.99 may be an acceptable price while $100 would be too expensive.

9 Likes

Nice one! We are going to need about 10 more Flexi BMS for an upcoming project soon - i´ll let you know in a few weeks :wink:

It’s gonna get longer, as I need to fit 6 more balance/bleed circuits + depending on if I need to go parallel mosfets for the (at least) 10 Amp charging current capability, as the higher voltage mosfets are usually higher Rds(on) in the same package size. It might also slightly widen to accommodate the square form-factor battery stack monitor IC (LTC6813), unless I do some tricks with the connector layout. Most likely I’ll be able to fit a dedicated connector to the NTC-temperature sensor with the added length.
Otherwise I want to keep it HW feature wise pretty close to the Lite (maybe re-name it to “FlexiBMS Lite 12S” for clarity/distinction between the two designs) apart from supporting up to 18S packs, so the FW stays easily compatible between them and not to divide/fraction the FW development.

That’s what I thought of as well.

Cheers.

7 Likes

personally i would prefer paying 99$ + a 5$ discount then just 94$ it feels good getting a discount

1 Like

:pray: 20 or 24s please!

1 Like

Awesome :+1:
That’s the only reason why I didn’t bought FlexiBMS - no PayPal
Btw, I’ve sent you an email but got no answer (if a regular bank transfer is possible instead of MasterCard/Visa credit cards)

My unit is finally here. Can’t wait to try it! *but I have to because of lot of stuff to study*

7 Likes

Hello, I integrated the FlexiBMS Lite in my e-skate. It seems to work fine as far as the LED and serial communication functions. (wiring)

Now, I’ve also a Metr Pro installed and I was expecting to check the single cells voltage and others parameters as real time charging data. Is it possibile?

For reference, this type of integration:

How do i get my hands on one of these? (12s)

https://finnkotronics.mycashflow.fi/product/1/flexibms-lite

Links a bit hidden in so many posts @filipandre

4 Likes

@SimosMCmuffin you should add your website link in your Bio :blush:

9 Likes

So as I understand this, I can hook it up to my Davega X and have it show the cell voltages and more? @janpom

FlexiBMS has CANBUS. Hook it up to the vesc. :smiley:

2 Likes

But the vesc dont have a screen xD

1 Like

The Davega X will notice this. Somewhere in the settings… (forgot about it)

1 Like