FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

Where do we put in orders? i know for sure ive been looking to pick up a few more flexis since… a year ago :slight_smile:

No flexis available due chip shortages. Its gonna stay this way for AT LEAST 1 year.

2 Likes

This worked really quite well; only just got around to testing now. Designed a little case for the electronics, it’s up in the GitHub repo. Bigger than I’d like, which then had me looking for Arduino boards with integrated CAN. There’s this dev board, but the price is almost 10x what I’ve used for this so far (which admittedly is still not that much).

Also found this fork that uses an ESP32, and has FlexiBMS integration too.

sucks, about the only project beside one other is now dead

any news on FlexiBMS? parts supply seems to be doing better

3 Likes

Does this also have the ability to discharge up to 10A through the C- port?

I guess the question is, is this just a low current port, or is it specifically a charge only port.

Are the C- and B- the same ground, or can they ever be at different potentials?

Would anything like this circuit work with FlexiBMS Lite?

My Flexi doesn’t connect with Metr anymore. Any ideas why?

AFAIK is just charging, maybe you would need some FW tweaks to enable discharging through it but no clue if the hardware supports it

I asked @SimosMCmuffin a long time ago before getting mine since I wanted to power my notebook without having to power the board on and the answer was no

1 Like

No it disconnects when not charging

1 Like

with new Focers we really need to see new development of at least 16-18-20s tiny bms… charge only with can to VESC :frowning: So said the this project is down at the moment at least

1 Like

Wow ! Nice work, where I can get one?

2 Likes

Hello hello hello.

It’s been… a while… to say the least. Have not visited the forums for a long time, but I’m starting to feel that spark in me again. I’m building an E-bike for next year, as I feel I have kinda reached the reasonable limits of the esk8 as a platform and have been toying with the idea of either big wheel E-scooter or E-bike. Got a 800W hub motor from one of my colleagues for cheap (been freelancing in the old company for a couple of months) and an old, but reasonably intact bike frame that I’ll be starting out with.

Regarding the FlexiBMS Lite project in the overall view. Manufacturing is still a no-go due to critical chips being unavailable, so that hasn’t changed. I’ve been thinking about releasing the HW files in their own Github repo and moving the HW project status to “no longer manufactured”, because I can’t manufacture them, as mentioned above. I’m thinking of designing a new HW version, that will be using the framework of the Lite firmware to keep it compatible across, but the HW would be completely redesigned.

I might start a new project dev thread for it soon(-ish), where I’ll start discussing the new design and start asking for opinions on different design choices.

:+1:

And as always, the best place to get in contact with me is through my work email at: finnkotronics@gmail.com

24 Likes

Yay! Good to have you back, Simo. You’ve been missed and so was the FlexiBMS. Looking forward to the new version!

13 Likes

I’m glad to see you’re back. Most importantly, it seems that you’re doing well, and I hope that’s the case.

5 Likes

Hey, the MCUs are coming back into to stock!

I also have one secret concept project related to battery packs that hopefully will turn out well. I’ll start a new project thread for it when the time is right :wink:

I’m feeling optimistic about 2023!

18 Likes

Prices are still high tho in general hopefully thay don’t stay up to long

Sure the STM32 MCU prices are slightly inflated at this point in time, but more signicantly inflated is the LTC6803-3 and still pretty low stock too.
I think when I ordered the last batch in 2021 of over 100 pcs. it was around 10€ a pc.

5 Likes

Nice to hear that and that you are back

My Flexy has been working wonderfully, specially with my shitty pack that regularly gets out of balance

2 Likes

Wow nice to hear that!!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I have a few dozen FlexiBMS Lite 12Ss (HW 1.0) on my shelf at the moment waiting for buyers.

Should I get my webshop back up to get them out into the world?

• Yes please, I’m interested in buying some!
  • No thank you, I’m good

0 voters