Flexible lithium IRON A123 batteries. 12s

Well rip your poor liion cells your throwing 20a at :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

13p 20700s, 20a is a slow charge :joy:

5 Likes

Shit I can’t even count to 13. More a less 13 separate p groups. Hot damn that must have been a pretty penny.

2 Likes

Why not call it by it’s designated name LiFePO4 or even just LiFe?

2 Likes

But iron sounds like… iron man.
:laughing:

1 Like

I actually call it lithium iron but it’s difficult as phonetically it’s extremely similar to lithium ion

We should just call it life-poe-four

2 Likes

I am used to call them LFP thanks to my chronic acronymophilia.

1 Like

My next charger, if I can afford it and correct me if I’m wrong… but it could charge that battery as well, right?

Grin Technologies Cycle Satietor® programmable universal fast charger for all types of battery packs. Made in Canada. Not cheap thou.

It comes in three models which cover three different programable charge outputs:

High Voltage 7205 Model … up to 103V and 5a
Standard Voltage 4808 Model … up to 63V and 8a
Low Voltage 2415 Model … up to 36V and 15a

https://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-satiator.html

2 Likes

But that only does 8A, not even enough to fast-charge a 1P battery of ANR26650M1-B cells

1 Like

It seems like there’s a couple usable names but iron being easiest to remember there I go. @mishrasubhransu

Pairing these cells with a really high current charger sounds ideal for traveling and can charge while at a coffee shop and can keep going. Seems more ideal than a huge slow charging battery for going far

Tried to blow one of these up again but failed with a continuous short of a charged cell. Some vapors and liquid came out and the release valve popped

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the balance wires melt on the bms at that amperage though?

If you’re balancing P-groups at 30A then you have bigger problems than that.

The 30A is the whole pack charge rate, not the balancer current.

1 Like

That’s still 10amp per 20awg wire . Which seems a lot

You should also not be balancing at 10A.

40mA to 80mA are typical balance currents. This is not to be confused with the pack charge current which can be 1A to 30A or more.

If you’re balancing at 10A, your pack is trash. Unless it’s power plant or energy grid pack.

why u using 30Q as the comparison :joy:

P42A is basically the most common cell at this point

years ago. Old thread.

2 Likes

ignore me then :grin: