Flexible lithium IRON A123 batteries. 12s

Ja, I like this visual representation of a 4S lifepo4 vs 3S liion both at 10ah cap. Really drives the point home.

3 Likes

The enclosure thickness is .093" or 3/32".

I feels strong but still will allow the flex we are after.

2 Likes

What charger did you find that could do 30a’s?

DEEIF said: What charger did you find that could do 30a’s?

I say: hold my beer…

:joy: they exist. Though it is still untested…

Even at 15a which is pretty findable, 30 minute recharge.

3 Likes

@ 30a charging you could practically go take a piss and come back to a fully charged board.
Calling @glyphiks

7 Likes

Yep; at 4C max charging, that means if you have the right setup, you could get a near full charge in 15 minutes

4 Likes

I use this guy. But its liion not lifepo

#Aliexpress AU $206.31 | 50.4V 20A charger for 12S lipo/ lithium Polymer/ Li-ion battery pack smart charger support CC/CV mode 4.2V*12=50.4V

3 Likes

Well rip your poor liion cells your throwing 20a at :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

13p 20700s, 20a is a slow charge :joy:

5 Likes

Shit I can’t even count to 13. More a less 13 separate p groups. Hot damn that must have been a pretty penny.

2 Likes

Why not call it by it’s designated name LiFePO4 or even just LiFe?

2 Likes

But iron sounds like… iron man.
:laughing:

1 Like

I actually call it lithium iron but it’s difficult as phonetically it’s extremely similar to lithium ion

We should just call it life-poe-four

2 Likes

I am used to call them LFP thanks to my chronic acronymophilia.

1 Like

My next charger, if I can afford it and correct me if I’m wrong… but it could charge that battery as well, right?

Grin Technologies Cycle Satietor® programmable universal fast charger for all types of battery packs. Made in Canada. Not cheap thou.

It comes in three models which cover three different programable charge outputs:

High Voltage 7205 Model … up to 103V and 5a
Standard Voltage 4808 Model … up to 63V and 8a
Low Voltage 2415 Model … up to 36V and 15a

https://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-satiator.html

2 Likes

But that only does 8A, not even enough to fast-charge a 1P battery of ANR26650M1-B cells

1 Like

It seems like there’s a couple usable names but iron being easiest to remember there I go. @mishrasubhransu

Pairing these cells with a really high current charger sounds ideal for traveling and can charge while at a coffee shop and can keep going. Seems more ideal than a huge slow charging battery for going far

Tried to blow one of these up again but failed with a continuous short of a charged cell. Some vapors and liquid came out and the release valve popped

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the balance wires melt on the bms at that amperage though?

If you’re balancing P-groups at 30A then you have bigger problems than that.

The 30A is the whole pack charge rate, not the balancer current.

1 Like

That’s still 10amp per 20awg wire . Which seems a lot