FLEXIBLE BATTERY HELP!

Hi guys. I’ve decided to have a change of direction with my build so repurposing my battery pack to fit in a mate’s Bamboo GT.
It’s going from a 13s4p to become a 10s4p
My question is , my pack was never intended to be flexi BUT I think it will be fine. Do u?

The series connections are made from 12mm x 0.4mm brass strip which is super flexible. (See pics)
Otherwise it’s strip the pack down and use braided wire instead.
Thoughts on a postcard please

1 Like

The stress from any stiffness in that busbar will be transferred to the welds/cell tabs, so idk.

2 Likes

Translation: No.

Imho it definitely need to swap to silicone wire, you could carefully cut the buss and just solder to it for a quick fix. Just be careful not to pop welds or short it out.

Even though the brass will flex, imho it will put too much strain on the cell welds. Not a lot but it will add up over time and mess something up.

1 Like

I’ve built a battery for the bamboo GT you’ll need to switch to wires. Also, the GTs enclosure is segmented so you’ll have to break it apart anyways it can’t take a brick pack. Unless you’re using a different enclosure.

Defo not segmented . The bms will just go on top of the ESC

Interesting I don’t know how old this GT is but how flexy is the deck then in combination with non segmented enclosure?

Standard evolve flex. Maybe 2cm mid deck.
Maybe you’re thinking of the GTR bamboo?

Oh I was thinking of Ownboard bamboo GT which was super flexy.

1 Like