Flatland3D - Glove history and dem new Carbon Esk8 Gloves!

Lol cost me a good job that fractured triquetrum.

2 Likes

I quite like my F3D pro fingerless gloves. I hope the full-fingers are an upgrade in more way than one. Heres my $0.02

Pros

• They saved my wrists. Twice. Seriously - girlfriend, family, friends, colleagues, and I are grateful :pray:t3:

• On my last fall, F3D’s psliders were the brakes. Brought me from ~20mph down to maybe ~10 or so before I rolled (and the rest of my gear kicked in)

• I like peace of mind of the plate on the back. Haven’t seen moto gloves with this feature - even from Knox.

Cons

• On my first fall at ~30-35mph, I had 3 chunks taken out of my exposed fingers. Not the glove’s fault, but I’m going full-finger next.

• I don’t like the build quality. Material is thin for my taste. They did cost <$100, but I want gloves that feel they’ll last more than one season before they might come apart at the seams.

• After two falls - one of them a direct hit - the palm material (not just sliders) is toast. Grateful for their service, but I want ones that are a bit more stout.

FYI - I’m looking at Knox Orsa v2 as my next pair. No wrist plates, but Knox sliders in the same place.

3 Likes

Doa fixation is little support hand also. No so robust way like clasic Skate wrist protestors, but in combinations with sliders it is not so bad.

How have these gyro riders held up mate? Just shredded my triple 8 hired hands (which I’ve found good but not robust over time/proper ‘testing’!) and wondering what to replace them with.

They’re solid man. Been down on em a few times and still good as new minus the scratches on the sliders

2 Likes

The F3D gloves full finger gloves saved my wrist when I got hit by a car and flew+slid across a six lane intersection. I had zero hand injuries. The gloves got tears all over them.

Sounds like you would have only needed a band-aid without them

1 Like

Not sure the band-aid would cover the $133,000 hospital bill and a broken leg from that incident.

133k for a broken leg??

Two night hospital stay plus surgery. Can’t imagine if I didn’t have insurance.

You still have to pay 133k, even with insurance?

With the hospital and a lot of physical therapy sessions it was a bit over $10K. Sucked that this happened at the end of the year so I had to meet the deductible twice. And it was a hit & run so I had to pay it.

To get back on topic I’m so glad I was wearing my armored hoodie and FL3D gloves with the Knox and wrist brace and helmet of course. Though dying would’ve “felt” better since the leg felt so shitty for months.

4 Likes

Hi All.Maybe this will help somebody. Otherwise sorry for spam https://youtu.be/MnbuLX9gm6o?si=2TwrcGXmrobuuYHQ

2 Likes

those gloves look really nice actually

1 Like

Lot of people in EU using it. Also older models because here was no option for full fingers gloves in past.

1 Like

if i get em i’ll probably end up cutting a hole in my right pointer for my trigger unless they’re thin enough to fit

1 Like

That is good point. Depend on remote and size You need. Iam tested it with mini rc remote and it was ok. But can confirm that maybe it will be needed. I saw already cuts on all fingers to have it like just summer gloves :joy:

1 Like

orsas def have a better fit (they tend to be on the smaller side?) and finish compared to the fl3d for sure but they aren’t as dexterous and it think they still use the old style of their SPS things?

really good tho, i like em both

4 Likes