@moon drives 10/44 gearing
xenith (v2 switch) @BuildKitBoards
FS VX2 remote
waterproof gopro case for the battery
3d printed esc enclosure designed by me
$1,584 total.

weight 30.6lbs
top speed 36mph

still not finished yet. alot of minor things to fix.

first ride went well. went for a first ride in central park today about 18.5 miles.

11 Likes

Good looking esc enclosure! How’d you get the sensor wires through so neatly? Unpin each one?

2 Likes

its actually a 3d printed tpu grommet that wraps around the wire.

3 Likes

3df? :pray::rofl:

ParaEnclosure v16.f3d (607.6 KB)

1 Like

the grommets were designed specifically for this enclosure so its part of the file.

1 Like

if all goes wheel then this should be what the build will look like once its finalized.
a lot of carbon fiber skinning is in my future.

Ill also be testing out these TPU concave pads.

5 Likes

3rd ride. 2 laps around central park and first time going off rode.

I almost broke my left ankle a few dozen times but it was fun.

I need to learn how to fall properly. my only experience with bindings is with my leiftech but even with that I could bail out fairly easily. any tips for how to avoid these situations?

I still need to get used the truck turn. Especially since I normally ride pretty tight trucks on my other boards.

ride got cut short by one of my motors coming loose. guess its time to stop being a cheap fuck and buy better loctite.

broke the lid to my enclosure doing a few small jumps.
guess I got to make the lid alittle thicker. It was way to thin to begin with.

This didnt stick down as well as I thought it would. caused the battery to shift around inside the case

now that battery is going nowere.

4 Likes

My recommendation is keeping the bindings so tight that you can’t step out or so loose that you definitely can step out in a fall. I do scenario one for off road and scenario 2 for on road.

2 Likes

fixed the lid on the enclosure and carbon fiber skinned it. came out pretty nice. if only the carbon fiber skin wasnt so fragile. it ended up tearing when the board rolled over.

designed some TPU stops for the bindings. basically they prevent the binding from falling down past a certain point. I got tired of constantly readjusting my bindings. now they are always in the perfect position.

ride 6. tried to get the hang of jumping. I know that your supposed to let off the throttle when jumping but i need to get in the habit of doing that.

now i will feel the financial pain of not developing the habit faster… literally 2 inches off the ground is all it took to break me wheel gear.

6 Likes

made some mud guards for mbs trucks and moon drives.

3d printed in petg. the front guard lasted about 3 rides(about60 miles total) before developing a small crack. fairly decent considering I was doing offroad and jumping and the board rolled over a few times.

already working on the second revision.

the second mk2 fender is thicker around the screw area. and it will also have some 3d printed tpu washers to help with vibrations. the clamp is also a one piece design this time and its adjustable with entrapped nuts. it even uses the same m4 socket cap bolts as the moon drive for added convenience.

the moon drive fender did really well. It didnt break after ~100 miles and a mixture of offroad, cobblestone, and jumps.

It did finally break when I dropped the board and it fell upside-down on concrete. this design is solid tho. I’m going to make minor changes and reprint.

been working on a vx2 remote cover. very close to completion. only a few slight changes before the final version. printed in tpu. ill make this model available once its finalized.

new gear pulley came in. road for like 5 days before breaking it a second time.
I didnt even break it doing a jump this time. I was riding up a very steep hill(~40degree) and the wheel lost traction, spun up to full rpm then made contact with the ground and the gears just imploded.

might need to look into something stronger. I cant be breaking gears every other week.

7 Likes

Lots of breakage in this post :metal:

Do you have traction control on?

1 Like

yes

Interesting. Me too and I spun my wheel out on a big hill just yesterday. Good to know I should keep an eye on that.

Bru that is wheel gear carnage

1 Like

Update 1.1:

• new battery 12s6p p42a made by @JoeyZ5 for 33% more range.
  • cheapskate heatsink made by @surfnacho because I was having some thermal throttling issues. now the esc doesn’t go above 45c even after 19 miles of mixed hills.
  • esc enclosure MK2 designed for fit xenith and cheapskate heatsink.
  • Moon drive fender MK2 has kept my board/jeans much cleaner while riding through wet conditions.

2 Likes

Ftfy

1 Like

lmao. clearly I dont know where I got my battery from

1 Like

If you get the chance to re-weigh, I’d be interested in your full board weight now

1 Like