First E-MTB Build

Hi Guys
This build was in the making since about a year but i finished it like a couple days ago. Its my first MTB build and i want it to be a forst/dirt jump board. As always i want to make as many parts myself as possible. Some of the aluminium components are designed by me and machined by my dad.

The Deck was also made by me and i wantet it to be in the Trampe style shape. Its made of pressed veneers and some Fiberglas layers to keep it flexible. I also paintet the edges black to make it look better.

15 Likes

Deck looks sexy! Tell us more about the enclosure. The toolpath look is neat.

3 Likes

Enclosure is one of my favorite parts. Machined out of a solid block of aluminum. A lot of waste obviously but it looks really great and in perfect to make all holes for mounting things like the esc, the cables and the switch. Switch, chargeport and loopkey nicely even on the outside. All with 3d printet parts and 3d printed tpu waterproof seals (all the green stuff). The entire Enclosure is basically a Heatsink.

6 Likes

hold up, you crazy bastard. how much did that slab cost and i believe it’s illegal to make top mount battery boxes that sexy

2 Likes

Well thanks alot. I think it was about 200bucks. Thought about anodizing it but i think i like the shiny raw look for now.

4 Likes

Do you take commissions on machining work? Ive got the CAD files already done and would happily pay

3 Likes

Love seeing your build threads dude, you’re a true DIY-er. The deck and enclosure look stellar. Hopefully you can stay away from the cops with this one! :call_me_hand::zap:

2 Likes

What the HELL that is the most baller esk8 component I’ve ever seen. :joy: ULA rocket factories with their isogrid tanks are sweating bullets right now

Slick looking build, my guy!

2 Likes

Omg that enclosure is sexy. Good work

1 Like

Wow, i’m surprised you got those veneers to press at such a sharp angle. Did you need to soften them first?

Also lol at solid block of aluminium enclosure :rofl:

1 Like

It was actually really easy. The venners are only about 0.9mm thick and thanks to to simple non concave design if the deck it has no problems doing this sharp turn.

Great DIY project!
There is just one thing wrong, the bindings and heelstraps :joy:
MBS F5 are much better!

1 Like

I didnt try the F5 yet but maybe i will someday but for the moment i´m happy with the Trampa bindings.

1 Like

Well since my dad is the CNC expert here, he´d has to do it but i´m not sure if he would do it and if he would, it would probable cost aaa lot of money. But hey I will ask him. I´m also ready to share the Cad files of the enclosure or the motor mounts if anybody is interested.