First diy, made a deathtrap (Flux AT2 build)

Decided to go all in for my first diy, might have gone a bit too far…

Parts:

Flux AT2 Deck/enclosure
18s7p p42a battery from @Skyart
Dual SKP solo esc w/rear mounted enclosure
Boardnamics 6384 170kv motors
Hoyt Puck Remote
MBS matrix 2 trucks and motor mounts
Freebord S2 bindings with added neoprene sheets
Radium anti sink plate with titanium hardware
Kenda 8 in street wheels on mbs hubs

Currently pushing 85 amps to each motor, any more would literally throw me off. First test ride went for 38 miles but the battery was only at 53%, range for days. Wobbles more than I expected, stable up to 30 mph, above that it can get a bit sketch (maybe trampa trucks or apex airs in the future, or just radium adapters for the trucks).

Repurposed the pulley covers that came with my zeus, and don’t worry those wires are covered now.

Jank front binding setup but its been working so far.

Thanks to all these guys supplying awesome gear

Shoutouts to the following:
@Skyart for the deals and great customer service
@SquishyCat helping with the enclosure fitment
@b264 Cable help
@AlexB for the MBS shock-block hookup
@ShutterShock for some Vesc assistance
and everyone who responded to my questions in the forums

Next plans are a set of reacher motors and some gear drives, maybe even a davega if I get the chance. Lemme know if there is anything I should fix, wouldn’t be surprised if I messed up something. Take care and keep riding.

17 Likes

Fuck you man, fuck you.

I say this out of love, appreciation, and my wallet not needing to build another board before Christmas.

But slap some gear drives and full bindings on this setup and I’d call it mine any day :drooling_face: Flux deck with matrix 2s is a dreamy ride feel.

Smashed it out of the park for a first!

8 Likes

Get the Radium adapters immediately dude.

I can’t tell how much better it gets.

You may also want to angle the back truck. Down to 20

7 Likes

200 (4)

4 Likes

Boooooiiiii!!! That thing is got SO MUCH JUICE!!!

4 Likes

Don’t bother, the Matrix 2 trucks are great once setup correctly. If you are after speed, de-wedge the rear and get some Radium adapters with Riptide bushings. You’ll be happy with that.

I personally run a +5’ angled riser in the front with a -5’ angled riser in the rear. This provides a 10’ difference between the front and rear trucks, which is basically split angled trucks.

On my Flux build I’m using yellow (65a) Riptide bushings in the front and red (75a) Riptide bushings in the rear. That set up is extremely stable, but doesn’t carve has hard as I would like. Just recently switched to blue (60a) in the front and white (70a) in the rear, and really like how carvy that feels.

4 Likes

Yeah, most people start with a 10 or 12s. You started higher than my 2nd DIY which says something and also you have all the amps in the world. This thing is a beast for your first board.

I recommend Newbee or apex trucks. I’ve tried mannnnny different MTB trucks and those two have been my favorite by far.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how heavy the rider is tbh, I’m 245 lbs rn and those matrix 2’s always wanted to wobble. I also didn’t like how narrow they were but I’m also a huge dude with size 14 feet.

2 Likes

Raf and Josh convinced me to get the radium adapters and I’m definitely glad I listened. I don’t really have any issues with matrix 2 trucks, they’ve always been plenty stable for me.

7 Likes

Thanks for everything guys. Ima definitely get a set of those radium adapters (as soon as they get in stock…). I was also looking at boardnamics gear drives, any1 have experience with those?

1 Like

Great build!

2 Likes

No such things. The only valid answer is not enough.

2 Likes

BN drives are a great affordable option. Just make sure you install the motor pinions properly

1 Like

If you can get a set of straight cut boardnamics drives they are great, I had problems with my helical set though. Depends on how much torque you got though also :fire:

1 Like

Sell you mando

1 Like

Love night rides too much so i threw a led strip on it. Might need a dimmer switch cause its way brighter than i expected. Don’t wanna blind people lol.

1 Like

I hope it lasts homie, I broke three of those strips in two weeks and gave up lmao.

1 Like

Naw, keep those things bright. Its not as bright as your flashlight.

1 Like

Ive carved a groove in the edge, the plan is to epoxy it in so is hopefully well protected, if i tint the epoxy it should also diffuse it a bit. Dunno if itll work… just like the rest of that build :laughing:

1 Like