First DIY! Evo 40 build w/ BN drives

Super excited to finally be about done with my first DIY. Still have some minor cleaning up to do. Of course it’s too wet outside to take for a proper test ride :sob:

Landyachtz Evo 40 Deck
12s4p p42a
Spintend ubox (v1)
Eboosted enclosure
Boardnamics 6384 170kv
Boardnamics AT Gear Drives
Boardnamics 270mm trucks
Evolve 7inch wheels
Trampa superstar hubs

18 Likes

I love that I can tell how much your shepherd loves you just based on your build photos.

Hope that weather clears up, looks like it’ll be a ripper for sure :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

hahaha I hadn’t even realized, she’s looking at me in every single one :joy:

thanks man!

4 Likes

Hell of a nice first build!

5 Likes

appreciate you! hope it rides as nice as it looks

1 Like

Very nice first build, well build in general actually. Awesome work!

1 Like

Do the motors hit the king pin on a loose setup?

1 Like

Kevin tells me they shouldn’t, but if the bushings were suuuuper loose, yeah I think they would touch. Not really an issue though once the bushings are tightened down.

I’ll let you know if I run into issues when I’m able to take it for a proper ride

1 Like

I have 6388 motors and they just hit the kingpin so the limit is where you’re at I’d say. Bet u can’t wait to get out for a proper test ride!!!

1 Like

just looked at your post, sweet build!

1 Like

Very nice, the pups look ready to join!

1 Like

Beauty! Very nice!

1 Like

Maya, the Border Collie in the pics, loves going w/ me on rides. I’ve clocked her at almost 30mph, although when she runs that fast on pavement it tears her paws up pretty quick so we don’t do that anymore.

9 Likes

Nice it’s such a good way to burn their energy, my pup:

To save her paws she’s learned to sit on the board between my legs. I’m upgrading her favorite board right now lol.

4 Likes

Hey, nice! My girl doesn’t like to get on the board, but she’d come run with me on every ride if it was up to her. Are you able to go pretty fast with your dog between your legs? I’d be so nervous haha

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah I can go full speed with her there, but have to work up to it and feel like she’s confident and secure. I don’t like staying at that speed though with her there so, we mostly cruise. I’ve learned a couple things. One, I keep the leash wound tight around my wrist in case she bails When she does bail, I lift her up thanks to her harness, slow down, and her put her back on the he ground to run. Two, she almost always bails on anything other than flexy decks and pneumies.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be too worried during turns/high speed. One paw falling off away from a whole lot of puppy road rash :grimacing:

1 Like

This build has evolved!