First DIY Direct Drive Build , need help

Hello Guys,

so i am starting to build/plan my first own diy build.
So i have desided to go for a direct drive system, relativly long range and that all at an good price.
The idea is to use the board for daily commuting. I live in Düsseldorf, germany with relativ ruff roads and a lot of little cracks ands holes in the streets.
So i need a board that can handle some imperfect road and feels comfortable while not looking like a esk8 too much–> Esk8ing is still illegal here in germany.
Thats also a reason, for me too chose the direct drive system.
bellt drive would be way to noticeable and hub motors wouldn´t handle the road that great.
i know that because i have the backfire g2 black.

Let´s come to the parts:

Motor: BoundMotors Direct Drive Kit with the airless wheel

ESC: Boundmotors Vesc 6 Dual Speed Controller with included Remote

Deck: I thought about getting a deck with integrated battery and esc but i cant find ones that fit my styl.
i really like the boundmotor carbonfiber deck but it is too small for my 10s4p battery.

I also looked at the alien power predator but they dont sell/produce it anymore.

So if someone have an good idea for an deck with enough space and a reasonable price, feel free to share XD.

If i cant find a deck with integrated battery i will go with the bustin sporster ecore and an standart enclosure. Maybe going to design it myself and let it print for me.(I dont have a 3D printer nor my friends, so would order it online).
If someone can recommend an enclosure for an 10s4p battery and dual vesc, feel free to write down the link.
I think i will use the dope grip griptape from evolve or if someove have a tipp for an good shock absorbing material, pls share.

Deck: https://bustinboards.com/products/sportster-ecore-deck-only?variant=22179861200985

Battery: So i was thinking about going for an 10s4p build with the Vruzed Battery Kit v2.1.
Here is where i need most help or someone that looks over my plan.
I will use Sony 30Q 18650 cells, bought from nkon.

The kit i want to use: https://vruzend.com/product/vruzend-battery-kit-v2-0/
This is how i want to connect the cells in series and parallel. Blue=Parallel//Orange/Series

The BMS for the battery will be the 10s 60a version of this little guy:

If some of you have some ideas or suggestions feel free to comment below.

1 Like

If you want an integrated deck, I highly recommend @tomiboi’s bamboo decks, they are spectacular! And I can make you a 12s2p 21700 (P42A, 40t, 30t, Tesla 3) battery of your choice that will fit perfectly with it

1 Like

By no means a plug but check out my build for ideas. Checks a lot of the boxes your looking for. The Hummie deck has plenty of room for what you want. You could go with the TorqueBoards version. [WTS] [US] Boundmotor Direct Drive Motor Kit

1 Like

Where do i get a hummie deck, i cant find it online nor here in the forum.
I only found old stuff.

Puddin’-pop V3 would be a great match for this build. I’ll have this one and two others added to the catalogue by the end of the day. www.tomiboiesk8.com 8 stain colors will be added to the options by the weekend.

3 Likes

tenor (3)

3 Likes

Thanks man :blush:

1 Like

Riptide sports makes a bushing kit that will take those trucks to connoisseur level. I highly recommend it.

1 Like

This this this. Good bushings are the key to making DKP trucks into a performance setup.

The own-board kit is the one that fits these.

The build looks sick and i already looked at your shop @tomiboi .
I really love the Boards, like @BenjaminF XD.(Archer is great btw.)
But i have to admit that your Boards are too expensive for my budget.
I want to build the Board quite "cheap"and i found a Board called Haya HB83 whitch is more in my price range for the deck.

If i had the money i would directly buy the pale horse drop deck.(And i wouldn´t go for Boundmotors DD-Kit, instead i would buy Fabis Onsra DD-Kit XD)

1 Like

They are pricey. No doubt. Thanks for checking them out :slightly_smiling_face: Hopefully, I’ll get you on the next build. Pale-horse would go very nicely with that DD kit. Perfect match.

Yes it is :blush:

Are you familiar with the phrase “buy cheap, buy twice”? Because its especially true in esk8.

If you buy all the cheapest stuff, you will roll around just long enough ti get hooked before something shits the bed and you have to buy a replacement (at which point you will have spent more than if you had just bought quality the first time around).

Not saying that a board built on a budget cant be good, only that you should be valuing the quality of your parts over the cost, as your life may literally depend on these parts.

I have not heard anything bad about the Haya, other than it’s heavy and has absolutely no flex or shock absorbing. If you have rough roads, that means tons of vibrations to your feet. No rubber wheels full of holes is going to fix that :confused:

Thats also why I think you are correct to dismiss the BM carbon fiber deck. I have that deck, and its stiff as a rock. Not very confidence inspiring.

I hate to break it to you, but Fabi is a direct-from-china reseller just like boundmotor. Their DD’s look slightly different, but I would not be surprised to find that they come from the same factory. If you want quality, look elsewhere. @torqueboards makes the only direct drive that I would call “worth the money.”

3 Likes

Hey man. I have the haya you speak of. It’s from his original run a few years back. I would be willing to part with it, but I’m in Canada. Shipping might be a bit crazy…

Edit: Haya HB92. Not the 83

Have you seen this? Same Onewow motors and trucks, similar 10s4p implementation.

Just use better wheels. Those TB110s with bounce you off rough or broken pavement.