First Build Thread! - Subsonic Century 40 / Haggy Drivetrain / Eboosted Enclosure

That thing boasts some crazy current values, for flipksy i apply the general rule or running them at no more then half their rated specs. so if you keep to around 100 batt amps you should be good. it will definitely sustain burst of more, but dont push it too hard. the 12s4p 40t pack is perfect , at 100 amps it should stay fairly cool and 100amps is going to give you a lot of ooomph. Only other issue i had with that big fsesc, is when running motor detection, if you had anything plugged into the uart ports it would not detect. That may have been fixed tho, my flipskys were from over a year ago.

1 Like

When there’s so few options for good parts, we are bound to have similar boards. Especially when the color scheme of the deck matches. I’ve seen quite a few similar set ups to mine that were posted long before.

Might want to get in on the @longhairedboy pulleys for when you want to go faster. I like that gearing so much that I ordered a set for my next board that’s build is underway.

3 Likes

Alright thanks for the input, I also had issues with the uart connected so good to know I am not alone there… I’m not even sure where I landed after the wizard tbh - gotta get back in there to check

Nicely done man :+1:

1 Like

Love the setup… looks great.

would this work with the AVKII helical gears at all? the motors mount front ways … would it clash with the deck at all?

1 Like

Yeah the avio mk2 gears found here: [In Stock] Herringbone Gears Avio MK2 Gear Drive Are made to fit kahua trucks. There’s some boards from users on here with this setup linked at the top of the thread.

Time for a quick update. I’ve had a few issues so far detailed below-

Popped my first loopkey! Apparently the glue I used to secure the xt90 to the panel mount came undone and when I attempted to insert my loopkey it pushed the male end further inside my enclosure and only made a half connection. I’ve since jb welded it secure and that seems to have done the trick.

I got the enclosure screw loose! It’s not too stripped, however I cannot get it to screw back into the insert any further than the depth at which it was previously caught, any ideas here?

Lastly, but certainly not least… FLAT TIRES!! 3 OF THEM!! I’ve got less than 30 miles total on this thing so this one is really frustrating and limiting my ability to ride. I’m not a particularly heavy dude (175 lbs) and I’m not hitting anything on the road that would be cause for concern. I think my first two flats may have been with tires at a high pressure, but my third was after I lowered the pressure down a notch (I’m waiting on a pressure gauge to confirm).

Anyone have tips on how to avoid flats??

Guilty of smoking a loop key too.

How long are the screws that you are using? I went to 20mm almost across the board due to that. Forgot that I have washers too. 15mm would work without.

Bergs I only had one flat and it was at 50psi. When I went to 60psi, I didn’t have any across 300 miles until they wore out. Do you have the o-rings on the valve stems? I’m 240-250 btw. Shit roads too.

2 Likes

bottom tap of appropriate size and pitch

2 Likes

For the enclosure screws I’m not sure how long they are, something is definitely off with this one insert or screw though (it came pre-installed from subsonic and it was initially seated all the way in - same length as the other screws too)

For the PSI I may have ruined the integrity of the tires by overinflating at first, they were firm to the touch but I’m unsure of the exact levels… so that could definitely be partly to blame. I’m not gonna fill or ride any further until my new pump with gauge gets here on Wednesday… I do have the o rings though, and have been sure to use em when I swap tubes

Well this is humbling, I’m too green to know what you’re referring to here. Are you suggesting I should re-thread the insert somehow?

1 Like

Yeah, he saying to buy the correct tap and retread the insert. However, what I saw was it was the last couple threads on the screw that were getting flattened, not the insert.

1 Like

Got It, thanks! I’ll scope the screw itself next time and if that’s not it I’ll look into re-threading the insert

1 Like
1 Like

So tire pump with gauge came today, looks like i was actually under-inflating the tires a good bit :grimacing:

I’ve got them all set to 60 PSI now, the tires are way firmer than what I was riding before and I hope that sorts out the flats I was getting.

2 Likes

Love this build I’m getting pumped :muscle: for my @Skyart century to come in :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Sick build. Definitely some inspiration here!

1 Like

oh sick!! you’re gonna love it man, it rides like a dream! plus I see @Skyart makes some sick builds around here

1 Like

I’m super pumped :muscle:

Any Haggy Drivetrain owners have luck replacing their motors with those from another brand / manufacturer? I just want to make sure whatever I buy is going to fit my current pulley and the motor shaft be of the correct length. Anyone have personal experience here? I miss Timo :frowning:

1 Like