First build questions

Trying to build with a landyachtz switchblade 36. What’s the benefit of forward vs reverse mounting the motors? Clearance? Looking at torqueboards TB218 with 6374s.

Thanks.

2 Likes

There’s no real difference in orientation from a mechanical view. The switchblade was designed for drop through and if you’re doing that you’ll need your motors out the back for clearance.

Check your wheel clearance too, it’s a tight deck on bigger wheels.

3 Likes

most likely add a risers to clear the 107s or 110. or get 3dservisas gear drive. I’m just thinking ahead as belt drive can be repaired easily vs gear drive. Also torqueboards has the dual mechcanical kit which makes my life easier. Also if i use risers, then i can forward mount the motors as well.

Is there a difference in clearance in the 2 mounting methods?

1 Like

Unless you have a kicktail always mount motors out the back

People love definitive statements here Haha. Mounting forward is fine, I dont do it personally because I dont like the idea of striking my motor on objects but loads of people do it and they are fine.

If you’re planning to top mount a switchblade with big risers you should consider your life choices though. Thats sacrilege my friend. Get on the search bar and look at some drop through builds. I’ve said it a bunch of times recently but the 36 actually blew my mind. I stood on Ben’s and it felt so damn natural. Just dont put it up on stilts, I’ll come get you.

Rather than risers you may just need to move the mounting further forwards and backwards. Top mount with no risers and out.

LOL got it. Top mount for sure and out it is.

1 Like