First build need help

Ok I have a 12s3p battery system,2 separate vesc ,xv2remote and 70mm direct drive motors with 97mm wheels and trying to set up vesc without frying wires. Went through and tried to set up control and it spins fast but no real control

Pictures of your wiring as well as the settings you are using would be helpful please

These might be what we refer to as hub motors, FYI. As stated above, pictures would help.

Oh, and welcome to esk8news forum!

1 Like

Thanks the motor size is 70mm and it’s located on the truck not on the motor is that still considered a hud?

Uploading: 034C1104-EBB1-497A-B031-1A0A6F545C22.jpeg…

2 Likes

Direct drive, indeed. I thought you meant 70mm wheel diameter.

1 Like

So when you say no real control, you mean over the nuances of acceleration and braking?

2 Likes

Yes please elaborate on this

1 Like

Throttle will instantly spin max or slam wheels to stop not sure how to calibrate it I think
Just not sure first time doing this

1 Like

On the bench with out any load it will seem very touchy. And go from 0 to max quickly sane with braking. Screen shot ypur vesc settings and remote config and post it to I’ll take a look at it for you

Also whats the KV rating on your direct drives

1 Like

Throttle on VESC controls power not speed. Like the gas pedal in a car. With no load, even 5% throttle will go to full RPM. Completely changes once you’re actually on it, or even with just the board’s own weight.

2 Likes