First Build | LY Evo 40 | DS Evo eBoosed Enclosure | Unity | Dual 6374 | 3dServisas Gear Drive | 12s6p 40T | Foamies

First I want to say you seeing the builds you guys made inspired me to make me own build. It all started in October of 2018 when i bought a Boosted Board, I’ve been wanting one since I first saw them back in 2016, and now that I was in college and had a source of income I bit the bullet and bought one. Almost a year later after growing tired of it terrible range, iffy reliability and seriously awful brakes I searched for something better, I found myself on the now defunct builders forum where I saw some coolest shit ever. So in November I bought an Unity, and slowly I bought random shit, and on sunday I put together and rode it for the first time and holy fuck I think I’m addicted, I hadn’t finished this one and I already had planes for two more boards.

• LY Evo + eBoosted DS enclosure
    Absolutely the best deck I’ve ever been one, and a stunning enclosure with tons of space. Thanks to @eBoosted for sending it out so quick, but I will add that two of inserts spun when I was taking it off for the first time, so I had to cut the head out of both the bolts and hammer them out covered them in jb weld and pooped them back in and it works, definitely not the nicest looking thing ever.

• Esc
    It somehow just showed up on my amazon recommended after going on builders a few times, so I’ll take it a some sign of god :man_shrugging:

• Battery
    Thanks to @thisguyhere for building me the sickest battery ever, a 12s6p of 40ts I was originally thinking of going 4p with 30q, but I decided more range and amps.

• Drivetrain
    FatBoy Mini Urethane with Straight Cut Gears, because it sounds like a race car, honestly no comparison to belt drive. Maytech 6374 190kv motors looking back I wish I had gone with the 170kv, but these are loctited in so there staying.

Random tidbits I bought these lights and these mounts and they’re bright asf and mount straight to the truck, also If anybody uses those mounts I used the .75’’ and 1’’ clamps to mount them to the truck and they don’t wobble or move in the slightest.

In the future I want to make some of wiring not as cluttered, and hopefully send it to Sender to make it look good.

PS Thanks to all of you for the inspiration and the knowledge.

18 Likes

Looks good!
Is that the original kingpin? It sticks out so mucho

Yeah they’re the adjustable fatboy base plates granted I do have them a little tight.

I asked cause I have the same hangers/baseplates but with what looks like ~10 less turns on the nut.
I feel like the bushings wouldn’t perform well when preloaded so heavily.

But if it works for you - it works xD

I will say it seems that you have a different bushing than me, the one I have is green. Not sure if it changes duro.

dude! sick build!
but the board didn’t make me as jealous as this…

1 Like

A man of culture I see.

3 Likes