First build...ever! (NYAKIM 1)

You definitely gotta be careful how you pull on the battery. My velcro for my 2p battery is rated for 50lbs. I try not to remove unless absolutely necessary.

2 Likes

thx bruh another noob lesson learned. will just velcro-ing the corners of the battery only be cool. right now i have two strips the entire length of the battery.

2 Likes

I use a big piece of plastic that is ridged to sort of pry each piece of velcro apart, anything bigger than the width of the velcro is fine as long as its rigid and has blunt edges.

1 Like

I used thin double sided tape to attach a piece of flat metal wrapped in etape to the under side of the batt then the velcro to the plate. So when pulling on my battery to take it off im not putting pressure on the batt just the plate. Sorry i dont have the picks this build was destroyed for a new prototype project.

1 Like

so do you just have the corners?

that’s a great idea…

the length of the battery or just wide as the velcro strips. Do you do the corners only?

1 Like

the width of the velcro strips. I apply the velcro across the width of the battery in multiple places.

2 Likes

thx bruh. I’ll give that a try…

1 Like

I’m sick and tired of taking my enclosure off already. Off on…off on. Oh I have to connect using the tool…oh my negative ramping needs adjusting…oh the Unity tool does not have that setting…bruuuuh really. When I get my battery back I’m closing this enclosure and pray to the most high that I NEVER have to open this enclosure again.

4 Likes

Had a long talk with my doctor…well he scared the shit outta me. Full face my brothas…full face…one face plant and it could cost 20k plus pain, suffering and recovery…not to mention a fucked up grill.

8 Likes

I was looking into a solution like this when i was gonna do a eMTB build with the unity, but was hoping for one of those capped bulkheads like the have for normal usb
A good find either way!

1 Like

thx…yeah searched high and low. I did find one with a panel mount but it was not usb-c. I got one anyways to connect to my feather M0 I’m using for lights. I’m going to mount this next to it.

1 Like

Esk8 life my brothas…

2 Likes

Ok No more esk8 parts…who am I kidding, I’m getting those red sixshooters from Psychotiller …then I’ll stop…right after I get the enclosure. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hooked! :grinning:

3 Likes

yes I am…and it never felt so good.

1 Like

Got my battery back today. On the top/bottom of the battery there’s a hard flat surface like there’s a sheet of wood or something …what side goes against the deck?

Anyone have any ideas what this is…the raddle is from the loose crossbar they will be replaced. The clicking noise is what I’m talking about. Rubbing almost…

Try to spin each wheel at a time by hand. Then you can figure out from where the sound is coming from.

Also looks like the motor on left has been hitting something? Could be that?

1 Like