First build...ever! (NYAKIM 1)

thx… I did much research so I was expecting things like this to happen and honestly how can you NOT enjoy this shit bruh. Today I study electricity and learn how to use this new volt multi meter thing.

2 Likes

good info… I considered gears…coming from you that means a lot to me.

1 Like

If steel wheel gears were available I might want to try them. I like the loud noise gears make, but the plastic wheel gear breaks.

1 Like

I asked myself that same question. “plastic GEARS!!!, how is that gonna work?”

Don’t listen to Brian.
If it were up to him we would all be riding 10s short boards that would be 50% JB weld.

13 Likes

The key phrase here is “riding”. Not “taking apart on bench because it’s broken again”.

:smirk:

It’s easy to make a fast esk8. It’s easy to make a powerful esk8. It’s a little harder to make an esk8 that looks really nice. It’s a bit harder than that to make an esk8 that rides really well. It’s a bit harder than that to make an esk8 that checks a bunch of boxes but is still light and carryable. But by far the most difficult thing of all is to make an esk8 that doesn’t break.

9 Likes

indeed… That my friend is another lesson learned. I was looking for speed, but found out it cost torque. there’s a fine balance.

3 Likes

what’s the best way to mount your battery, how much padding, what parts need to be protected…etc. I’ve read a lot and everything basically points to preference rather than a rock solid way of doing it.

1 Like

Personally I just use industrial velcro. Heavy duty stuff and velcro to the deck. Pad the enclosure with unsealed foam gasket material.
It’s treaded me well.
Think @mmaner @Dareno and @J0ker do the same and are the ones that told me about it.

3 Likes

@DARENO has a really nice approach

2 Likes

should something go under the battery besides the velcro.

does he have a thread on this?

Let me see if I can find it.

1 Like

thx. I’ve been searching all night for something.

i think i damaged my battery pulling it off the deck this velcro is sooo strong.

Industrial Velcro to the deck and the bottom of the battery pack. It is secure and also pads against vibrations. Put foam sheet inside the enclosure to protect from road side debris.

5 Likes

wow…lol.lmbo, ok I’m already using that velcro and the padding from another thread i read of yours. I just had some damaged to my battery and the only thing i can think of is when i pulled it off the deck to reposition it…it flexed quit a bit a couple of times.

1 Like

You definitely gotta be careful how you pull on the battery. My velcro for my 2p battery is rated for 50lbs. I try not to remove unless absolutely necessary.

2 Likes

thx bruh another noob lesson learned. will just velcro-ing the corners of the battery only be cool. right now i have two strips the entire length of the battery.

2 Likes

I use a big piece of plastic that is ridged to sort of pry each piece of velcro apart, anything bigger than the width of the velcro is fine as long as its rigid and has blunt edges.

1 Like