First build done 200A SPIM08HP cells Sadly Converted to 2WD 2x 60A/FOCBOX (the good one) Maytech 6374 Haggy DT ABEC wheelz

wait, you spent like 1500 bucks and put it in a SHOEBOX !?!?!?!?!?!?!

you are a true king of no fucks

12 Likes

the shrink swap slid out of the bullet connectors on the motors. Could have also been on the truck mounting hardware.

Nothing visible that I can tell, I think It blew at really low current.

@Bavioze The enclosures have been taking their sweet time.

2 Likes

anyone who has attempted a DRV repair with little experience, input on this would be nice.
Not really much to loose I supposeā€¦

Everyoneā€™s 1st build is just a pile of money slowly catching on fire

18 Likes

4 Likes

no

8 Likes

If esk8 had rat rodsā€¦

1 Like

That is ghetto af

I like it.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Rusins, my friend, I will be posting your SECOND best reply of the year today. I tip my Fedora.

7 Likes

You have an evil demeanour Bill

It was funny af tho

2 Likes

You do have enclosures now though?

1 Like

The wiring should be dragging on top of the wheels, I like the shoebox but it would be nicer with a kitten poking out.

4wd on foamies is ballsy so go you but get the glue lined shrink wrap fir the bullets

4 Likes

yeah, what I meant was how I was planning on having my TB40 by now, but then I got some from you while I waited. Then those took long enough (not too long) for me to unfortunately slap this together.

Now itā€™s on me to get the damn enclosures ready to mount.

1 Like

The wires do basically touch the wheel in full turn, but fuck it I didnā€™t want to attach them to the deck.

Yeah honestly I knew they were at risk of shorting and did nothing about it. Fortunately it was a 1.6 that I fried so it should be slightly less expensive if I need/want to replace it.

Iā€™m planning on attempting the DRV repair because I have a hot air gun. Iā€™m going to give it my very best attempt, could easily see it not working but I guess I could try multiple times if it doesnā€™t

1 Like

If youā€™ve done smd work before yeah if not then itā€™s not particularly easy at all

1 Like

I liked your description of them as a 60 leg spider
nope not a single time. A buddy on the discord gave me the great idea to practice with some random PCB so Iā€™m going to start practicing until I think Iā€™m good enough.

In a few weeks Iā€™ll have some Torque ESCā€™s to short out.

I need to buy:
the smd
flux
the flux with solder in it

1 Like

Iā€™ve just got a 4x4 enclosure mould finished for the Hummie. Same as yours just with channels both ends.

5 Likes

Sweet!

Iā€™ll think about that. I was also interested in the torqueboards 4x4 enclosure but that will be a while out.

I think I might even want 2 more hummie decks and just be good for likeā€¦ life man

WTF am I doing with my moneyā€¦

3 Likes

This build hurts my eyes and I like it. Because this is for sure how I would have done it :joy:

1 Like