FireFly-Nano-Remote (Heltec) HELP request

Hello,
I’m not very good at writing or reading code but with the help of some fellow diy enthusiasts I’ve built a few arduino+nrf remotes in the past. A relatively long time ago I discovered this project:
Home · DroidSector/FireFly-Nano-Remote Wiki · GitHub (original branch)
I bought a pair of Heltec modules, because I think they’re awesome for what they offer (microcontroller, LoRa, Wifi, oled and battery management all on one little pcb for 20+bucks each):
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32836246848.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

Currently I’m using this branch:

the original one doesn’t compile anymore because of outdated library’s and other stuff I don’t understand and I’m unable to fix anyways.
It works, with a few flaws though, the remote should work in UART only mode but I’m only able to control my vesc over UART_ADC, using pin 25 on the Heltec

It would be awesome to use UART only though because of smart reverse, or if it would be possible to refunction the trigger button of the remote for ADC reverse shenanigans. But I cannot get behind that by myself.
Another issue is that the battery% of my board is wrong, as you can see in the picture above it shows only 31% when it reads the correct Voltage of 41.3. Other UART data I get like rpm seem to be right.

Would be really awesome if I could get this fixed, this is one of my oldest unfinished projects and I’m in need of a few remotes right now. Any help is appreciated.