Finished Build: The Provisional Peruser | College Cruiser | dino15309

I was looking at the B stock! a few minor defects are not a big deal when you’re going to be shredding hard anyway. My cheapo wheels are terrible and do not inspire confidence, especially when braking hard. My next board will have these for sure.

1 Like

Yeah I will add another opinion on helmets. First, you need one. Period. Trust us.

But second, while everyone mostly champions full-face helmets, I have some of those, but I never use them. I actually much prefer the cheaper helmets despite more expensive ones sitting right next to them on the shelf.

Just pick up one of these, man

https://www.amazon.com/S-ONE-Lifer-CPSC-Multi-Impact-Helmet/dp/B00A8R0CT4/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=s-one+lifer+retro&qid=1604886344&sr=8-3

3 Likes

I have looked at some other helmets, especially the thousand ones. I want something that looks good because I am taking it to class. I also think the Ruroc is a double deal because it can replace both my skateboard helmet and my snowboard helmet (which that helmet I outgrew after last season).
That is also a cool looking helmet, and there is nothing wrong with a Triple-8. That’s the one that saved my ass.

Ruroc is crap. Avoid

4 Likes

Seconded.

5 Likes

S1 is good. seconded.

2 Likes

How come you think Ruroc is crap? I’d be using it as both a skate and a snowboard helmet.

1 Like

Agreed, loving my S-One Mega Lifer.

2 Likes

There have been several documented instances of them blowing up on impact and providing litte if anything in the way of protection. They dont have good quality control and they are not made with safety in mind.

3 Likes

Someone will surely link the “visor embedded in face” pictures soon…

2 Likes

For campus I would just get a $30 skate helmet. You’ll have the risk of losing a tooth but you won’t die. And you’ll still look pretty slick. Not to mention smart.

Imagine spending $100k on a college education only to be mentally impaired because you cracked your head on the sidewalk. Think of it as protecting your investment lol

7 Likes

Also if you want one that looks cool, a Ruroc isn’t gonna do that for ya

4 Likes

@BenjaminF @Agressivstreetlamp @rosco @b264 @fessyfoo @Battery_Mooch
Wow responding to many people at once is weird :joy:
Okay so if I wanted to get a helmet that would work for both Esk8 and Snowboarding what do people recommend? I like the look of the ‘thousand’ helmet but I doubt it’d work well with goggles.
Do these hybrid helmets even exist? are they even worth it? I may just have to bite the bullet and get 2 helmets.

I will personally link the Ruroc owies:

2 Likes

I think you’d be better served with two helmets

Don’t forget, you might skate and snowboard in entirely different weather.

Standard skate helmet for campus at low speeds. And a nice k2 for snowboard. If you’re gonna eskate at anything faster than 15mph I would recommend a full face though.

5 Likes

Get helmets purpose built for your… purpose. Never compromise your safety. You only have one head and one face, protect it!

5 Likes

Yeah, I concur with that. I will probably just get a ‘thousand’ helmet off amazon for the campus because I like the look and they look to have good safety and reviews.
Does anyone have a gripe with those ones? If so I will give up on life and/or wear a whole ass hockey helmet with a half cage because that’s what the cool kids do. (I could also just find another option :upside_down_face: )

You will one day end up using your face as the crumple-zone, if you’re ok with that go with a bike helmet, if not, find a full face helmet.

If safety is an inconvenience for you now, I can’t imagine what living with a life altering disability might feel like.

Oh wait I forgot to mention… When I’m at home and plan on doing high speeds I use an ATV helmet. A good one too so this is just a campus thing. Don’t question how stupid I am it doesn’t make sense to me either

News story here today

Take it easy out there boys

3 Likes