FAULT_CODE_DRV several year old unity.

Got this fault on a hard launch from a traffic light on my og 12s12p lonestar. with focbox unity.

Does this mean my unity (fw5.3) is dead now?

or my settings too aggressive? was 110A motor 80A battery. per side. (bumped those up at least 5 - 10 rides ago. 'cause it feels so slow. :smiley: )

only things recently changed was tuning HFI (higher voltages) on the one side who’s senssors failed.

It’s really hard to tell from the forums, how to treat DRV faults. mostly means ESC is dead. but sometimes doesn’t?

I set them down to 80A motor 60A battery. disabled HFI for sensorless. fixed fault stop time. then rode 17mi home. no issues.

1 Like

I would absolutely undo that if it was me, then see if it happens again. With an 85ms Fault Stop Time so you [hopefully] don’t Superman if there’s another fault.

What were they before you bumped them up?

i’m not sure.

i used to save my settings in git so i could watch what i changed more closely over time. but apparently the last one i saved for the lonestar was 2 years ago… and it was 110A/90A :smiley:

IIRC i found them at 80A/60A so that’s what I set them back to.

2 Likes

Also fault stop time was 500ms, :cry: i don’t know why. I thought I always set this lower.

and I totally did this. embarrassingly in front of cars.

Way too much. I’d only ever run 90 motor/60 batt per side at most. If you need more power, consider a more modern controller

So the hints here that settings too high can cause the fault.
does that mean damage to the unit? or… can be ok?

Long term yes plus the unity wasn’t such a bulletproof product if you keep pushing it at that high it’s possible you can even blow the drv chip which is so very common on the unity I’ve had 3 blow on customers running 100amps from hard acceleration so do with that info what you may maybe if you want a reliable esc pull that Unity out clean it up refresh it and sell it and buy a maker x dv6s best bet those can do 180 amps per motor

1 Like

still feels like DRV faults are a mystery around here that we treat with incantations.
at least other faults make sense. wish I understood DRV faults better.

In any event… I have put maybe 120 more miles on this unity with the settings adjusted way down. feels horribly underpowered now. :D. but… no faults.

some day I’ll change out the ESC. too many things.

2 Likes

i have the exact same issue.
Several year old unity, always worked perfectly.
Just saw the error randomly in the app, never had an issue riding, before and after seeing the fault.
log is same like yours
i never bumped up any settings though

2 Likes