FatBoy Mini Eco AT Gear Drive 1:3.5

Mount for 63xx series motors.
I can make an adapter for 50xx motors, if there is demand.

Im curious as to how 50xx would hold up heat wise on bergs. Genuinely interested, what are you trying to achieve? Bigger isn’t always better!

1 Like

Fully assembled with Bergmeister wheels :grinning:

7 Likes

hahaha something weird… actually :slight_smile:

I currently have a 39" Moonshine deck with the Raptor hubs and a 10s4p but I feel it too big and heavy. It’s freaking powerfull but after couple of months riding it I feel I need something smaller, with a more comfortable ride and more portable.

So, I’m planning to use these Mini Eco AT geardrive plus Bergmeisters on my current 39" deck, with some very wide trucks (I was looking the Trampa 12FIFTIES which I guess are the wider ones with a kind of Caliber profile), then shorten the deck as much as possible (I will also probably cut down on battery to a 10s2p, as I don’t need lot of range, just to cruise around sometimes).

I also asked @Trampa on the other forum if their trucks profile is similar to Calibers or TB218 (which I see that has been used to mount this geardrive on @3DServisas pics) to confirm if I can use that combination somewhow, even if I have to mill some mm on the trucks.

Am I crazy? :smiley:

Absolutely looooooooove it :open_mouth:

I will get a set for sure, I just need to find the widest truck available and then I will hit the button :slight_smile:

You can buy our hanger it works too 230 and 240 available :wink:

2 Likes

Sure @Kug3lis, but I need more than 300mm wide (Trampa trucks are 317mm/12,5" wide) to be able to fit the geardrive in my current deck.

This way I only have to “shorten” the deck and I avoid to make it “narrower”.

317mm is with axles 230/240 is only hanger + 100 the axles

2 Likes

Shit man, then you can confirm both are same total width?

You all made me crazy with those measures in inches… :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

What do you mean?

FB230 is 230mm hanger width (9.05") with axles (total width) is 330mm (12.99")
FB240 is 240mm hanger width (9.44") with axles (total width) is 340mm (13.38")

2 Likes

Perfect, will send you a PM with my order :slight_smile:

Still proud owner of these bad boys. :smiley:

I’ve replaced the wheels to those blue bergmeisters though. :weary:

My friend is a proud owner of the original FatBoy longboard by 3DServisas, upgraded with the Eco drives too. :slight_smile:

Two quite powerful boards with gears? Double trouble.

7 Likes

A small fragment of tonight’s ride.

Taken by something equivalent of a potato, a 13€ “action cam”. :joy:

2 Likes

This^ No chance of smaller adapter specifically for Bergs?

1 Like

Whats the difference between eco AT drive vs SS Mini Gear Drive? I want the stronger drive but i also want the 3.5 reduction. Also dont see 2.9" as purchase option for eco.

2 Likes

Hey man, could you please share the stl. file for the Mini Eco gearbox protector from the 3rd pic?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Sure thing!

Added both sides mirrored, so nobody needs to mirror them by themselves. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Many thanks!!!

2 Likes

Another couple of questions, as I just received the motors…

What is the max length for the motor shaft to fit within the box?

Is there any tutorial with details about which glue to put where, apply the grease and so on?

4 Likes