Fastest hub/dd board for max €2500

I’ve tried both with and without belt covers and they still break all the time.
So stupidly tired of changing belts and if my hub board wasn’t broken (had it for like 2 years without any maintenance at all and used it in rain, snow, went through deep puddles etc) I’d still be using that probably even if the speed, range and feel was worse.

I have been looking a bit at Ecomobl ET2 which might be a good fit for me, some maintenance but should not be that frequent at least.

But are there any prebuilt boards with Geardrive that costs less than €2500?

UK is not part of EU anymore though so would still have to pay import fees.

Maybe a backfire ranger x3 if you want big hubs?

The board you are showing now has planetary geardrives, which would probably need a looking after aswell and are way nastier to fix should they break. I dont think the tech is very proven as of yet.

Plus the sound they make is not very pleasant.

1 Like

If you can buy a used Bioboard off someone then maybe.

If the exway flex had 63mm motors you could just buy a 3d servisas geardrive yourself to use with the board, but unfortunately I think it uses 50mm motors…

1 Like

I think there is a prebuilt 4wd hub motor board similar to this one.
But I forgot what its called.

regular hubs are so slow tho right?
I’m looking for a fast board, at least +50km/h

1 Like

that’s a belt driven board right?

And I want a prebuilt ^^

Wait, one is in design / prototype testing stages and looks awesome.
But may be too long away or cost too much?

Wont be too slow.

2 Likes

Meepo hubs on 100mm sleeves do over 50km/h (i’m pretty sure i could hit 52km/h on them weighing 92kgs) and are decent for the price. That was using the Lingyi esc though. For some reason switching to a vesc based esc i dropped to about 48km/h. That’s running them with 10s battery. I’m not sure if they support 12s but that would get the top speed back if it’s possible.

4 Likes

@xsynatic had this happen aswell.

2 Likes

That’s likely gonna be way too expensive and I’d be wanting the 2WD version probably which is likely not coming for quite some time

Did you see this [US] [EU] 12S8P AWD EVO40 Direct-Drives 75KV... - #18 by chechunka ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nope, Bioboards have always been gear driven as far as I’m aware.

@Ols3n 's suggestion is a good one – that one literally is the fastest direct drive board you can buy for under 2500€ right now I bet :smiley: It’s just that if/when the direct drives break, you’ll need someone to service them. Considering you’re looking for a prebuilt (possibly due to being able to send it in for service), Onsra might be the better choice… Well, depends on how much range you want I guess :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s gonna be above €2500 with shipping to Sweden and import fees I guess?
not sure if I need to pay tax as well?

1 Like

I don’t recommend the unbranded ebs belts.

I recommend lager-techniek.eu for branded gates strongbelts

1 Like

Ooh, I’ve had very good experience with strongbelts. I used to get them from beltingonline, but guess it was just luck, because not all of their sizes were Gates. Thanks!

(That website sucks to navigate. <length>-5M<width> in the search bar seems to be the way to go.)

I have the feeling I break the ebs belts 5 times faster than gates powergrip.

And yes, the website sucks ass haha

1 Like

I don’t seem to find any belts with 260 length?
HTD255-5M-15mm are the current ones I have on my board but since they are too tight I think I should get 260.

yup, had the same issue. My max loaded speed is even less with just 43km/h

1 Like