Fastest build EVAR! | LY drop hammer | 10s2p 25R | loaded hubs | bear trucks | ride unlimited esc’s

Proximity to Esk8 is inversely proportional to the need to skate.

I f’d up and didn’t bring a board on vacation. What is wrong with me?

I woke up today with the lanikai sun blinding me. I’m here bc I lucked out and decided to house sit for an exgf in Hawaii who makes an order of magnitude more monies than I do.

I just have to be a good boy and wash the Range Rover if I drive it, not make a mess, and feed her fucking birds.

This is relevant in that the money I would have spent on hotels and car rentals would have equaled the cost of this build.

I drove to the Ala Moana bikefactory store in Honolulu with the intent to get a pint Onewheel around 2pm. (@glyphiks , I was so close)

I saw they had the loaded hubs and was impressed with the build quality. I tortured the sales rep for an hour picking out a deck. Like, all the questions.

“Do you have and wedging risers”, “where are the Krank formula bushings”, “which way should I put the rake for these trucks”, “do you have loaded hex hardware”, “do you have skate tools with integrated rethreading dies”, “do you carry the level 2 flex dervish? 3 is a wet noodle”, “where are the bearings with the integrated spacers? no, fuck ceramic”, “do you even diyesk8 bro? (Jkjk)”.

They were super cool and gave me the tools to get down to business.

I was done at 430… PM, the same day. Solid chance I was dicking around for only 1 hour building.

Build notes:
-Those knee pads are wild, but I brought my own protection, sorry.
-the store is co-located with a Porsche dealership. (I also get my rocks off to those machines)
-those are not my heels in the trunk
-the store honored a 150$ store credit I had from more than 3 years ago. I didn’t have the receipt either.
-I don’t think the rake is correctly set up
-I will probs drop it back down to drop through
-there is a solid chance that the first battery charge will take longer than the build time. Put that in your pipe and aspirate it.

Thanks for attending my TED talk, there are complimentary orange slices, caprisuns, and Tito’s in the lobby.

32 Likes

What remote are you using? Never seen it before, looks interesting

1 Like

Ohhhh no, it’s not that kind of diy. You are stuck with this and only this. You cannot, and will not, use anything else.

If there is anything I can bitch about, I do not like it. I don’t like thumb rollers, I don’t like giant the center indicator. I do not like it Sam I am.

8 Likes

You fuckin maddog :rofl:

How are the hubs? I wanna get them and run them at 13s cos why the fuck not

3 Likes

Ha your telling me it’s one of those integrated ones where you can’t connect any other remote besides that?

1 Like

Indeed, I am. Hence, the build notation. I built it. Skatan have mercy.

2 Likes

Pipe down esse, it’s charging. …Fuck, it’s done and I didn’t charge the remote. Give me a sec.

3 Likes

I wanna ride this…
But if you can drop through you should

2 Likes

I suppose he can’t due to the battery being linked to the rear truck…?

1 Like

@DavidF Nope, you totally can, they provided a range of different risers, one with wedging, in the box. When I sort this out, I’ll post a deet or 2 with the side view of what’s going with that battery/deck drop view.

It’s all more reasonable and well thought out than I expected.

8 Likes

Oh that’s cool, nice to know :+1:

Don’t forget to hip Flick!!!

1 Like

They are chuncky boys, more so than the M1 hubs. I’ll see how they roll soon.

4 Likes

Doing god’s work. If they get your approval i’m more sold than i already was :rofl:

3 Likes

“Warranty void if removed”

10 Likes

image image

Edit:
I got it. It works. They Shoulda put down big monies for those 30$ hall sensors.

5 Likes

My name is TED, and I approve this message.

4 Likes

@glyphiks hey, so I’ve ridden a board or two. But also I don’t know what’s normal anymore.

I have indigestion about the UI that id only complain about here.

To the point… 13s would make these bitches scream, in a good way. They could sing, they might sing at 10s if I figure out how to use this fisher price interface.

Before you turn it on, it’s all money (except no halls). Once you hit the power button and try to make it go, you see the lawyers have been here. And maybe that’s ok, but it sucks for a certain slice of Esk8’s.

I’d be the worst skate ceo. “This board will undoubtedly fuck your shit up, don’t be a pussy. This is a feature. Wear a helmet, say your prayers, and don’t get cocky, idiot.”

10 Likes

Came to comment that a 10s2p build couldn’t possible be the fastest board ever, read the post, and I understand my mistake.

Nice build, have a nice day!

5 Likes

Right? But it was a fast build. Words matter. :wink:

10 Likes