Fast Board Prototype

oh, that could make me sleep better now :joy:

1 Like

these motors seem familiar xD

10 Likes

Nice price though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

He is aiming to outperform all others on the track. What kind of track? How fast and how few corners does it need to have so the lack of grip and board stability doesn’t compromise lap times?

I have seen him saying that he wouldn’t attend a track race because that track wasn’t for his setup :man_shrugging:

Until now he is probably the fastest man ever on an eskate. Thats an achievement in itself worth clapping at and recognizing. Big respect!

But track racing… From all I have learned about racing (and my experiences is very limiting as it is only something I have fund interesting the last couple of years), the design is simply not how its done (hope this sentence will be fuel on his engine :slight_smile: )

Raith will most likely outperform me, simply from being a much more talented rider. Question is would he outperform him self on a setup that doesn’t have what I dare to call less optimal design for track racing.

6 Likes

fair enough :handshake:

3 Likes

I like that we are getting excited about this coming to market! Getting a good look at it and seeing it’s performance shown at events will be great.

Funny I just ordered those same propdrive motors for fixing a leiftech.

3 Likes

Yeah… its awesome.

3 Likes

Now you are talking! And from that I assume you agree on my remarks.

1 Like

@fastboard Glad to see you are still paying attention to where it matters. While the talk is bandwagons collapsing. I would suggest not to putting the cart in front of the horse.

If you need a really good DH rider in the states to represent. I would suggest hitting up Ryan “Ruxx” Smith. If you need, I could also put you in touch with Tim Dell, Max Capps or Daniel Engel. Ruxx has been on the podium in our last two Up-hill races at DH events. January is Barrett Junction. If you get on it I’m sure you could have something ready at the hill by then. Weeks after Barrett is the Dump Rd race , Bakersfield and then Mary Hill . There will also be Big track racing at Apple Valley, Redmond Derby days, possibly Streets of Lancaster and Pats Acres. I hear of a short track March race in Vegas to add to our Intro 2 speed group short track local races. Plenty of social media and exposure here for 2022. Plenty of low hanging fruit here, have a bite :checkered_flag:
This is what a call-out looks like.

15 Likes

Excellent advice from the guy driving esk8 racing innovation and a strong rider himself.

2 Likes

So here’s my deadline to finish the SRB :smiley:

3 Likes

Send him a hat

(They’re very nice hats)

1 Like

?

Yes, but living in Western Australia our state government won’t let us back in without an expensive two week hotel quarantine. Plus there are limitations on flights into WA.

8 Likes

That seems fast.

2 Likes

The “wooo hooooooo – OH NOO” is extremely relatable

4 Likes

Have you tried drinking a lot of water to get a full bladder & then peeing as you’re nearing top speed to hit a new speed record? I remember a guy saying something like that would give you a statistically significant speed boost

You’re pee has to be going backwards as in behind the board if that wasn’t obvious. If you peed forward I think you would lose speed.

7 Likes

Good fortune. We are in need of a new Shartsis.

7 Likes

Is it another e-skater who’s filming?
Impressive (both of you)

3 Likes

Let’s say you’re pushing hard and can achieve 30mL/s. Out of a constricted nozzle for max speed, say 1/4 cm2, you would have an exhaust velocity of 1.2m/s.

The thrust from this is mass flow rate times the change in velocity, 0.03kg/s * 1.2m/s = 0.036N. Traveling at 60mph or 30m/s this produces a power output of…

1 watt

6 Likes