Exway x1 Pro battery upgrade

Hi all,

I’m trying to find out if it is possible to mod the exway x1 pro with an extra battery in parallel, basically get a new battery for it then mount on the bottom in a protective case.

In principle it seems like wouldn’t be an issue, I would just get more what hours.

If anyone could put me straight or help me out that would be great

Cheers

1 Like

There’s some ridiculously cheap 10S packs on batteryclearinghouse.com
Usa?

1 Like

exway x1 pro has a 12s lipo battery in pouch shape

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, so does this mean if I was able to get the same 12s pack including the in built bms I could connect in parallel with the original battery? Would it cause problems for the ESC?

Also I’m assuming the charger would still work it would just take twice as long to charge?

I know assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Cheers

1 Like

I’m in New Zealand

1 Like

rip yeah nvm

Connecting it in parallel should be fine, but how r u gonna source the battery? Even exway doesn’t sell them individually unless u ask them very nicely and hope they actually do sell u one. And yes, take twice the time to charge.

1 Like

Well sourcing the battery maybe an issue, I did finder a website last night which said they sold them, boardlife.se if I remember correctly.
I’m just not sure how easy it is to ship certain batteries.

They’re sold out at boardlife.se and far too expensive. I’m nearing the end of my own battery, so I can sympathize. Problem with lipos in parallel is that the worn down cells will always parasite off of the good ones. Solution is getting rid of the old ones altogether. I’m entertaining the idea of LiFePos. They have even less capacity, but you can deepcycle them without worries and they have up to 2500 cycles in them. The X1 pro is my daily commute with over 2300km on it, so I don’t really need the range…
If you’re going for range I would recommend 21700 in a 12S2P config like the backfire G3 plus has, since round cells have higher capacity in general. Cheers

1 Like