Exway IWonder Hydro wheels.... Thoughts?

Proof implies that they can’t be punctured to begin with though. :thinking: Might be more accurate to say puncture resistant so as to not lie about it.

1 Like

I suppose that would be more accurate

Or something else completely different

1 Like

That dude made an update. What a freak! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Truly excellent :joy::ok_hand:

6 Likes

just take some extra wheels and do this tbh

anyone seen the weight of these? They mention that they’re 100g heavier than their 90/64 thane wheels, but the weight of those arent listed either.

The good: They look really nice on the Exway Flex.
The bad: Disappointing behavior on dry surfaces. They might be only useable in wet conditions. On the two rides I had them mounted, there were only puddles to play with. There, it seems like the thread design does what it is supposed to do because there was a lot of sideways splashing going on.
On dry asphalt the grip is okayish but on smooth and dry cobblestone those Hydro wheels tried to kill me a few times because of surprising loss of traction. The ride comfort is comparable to stock urethane wheels.
After that I changed back to Cloudwheels.

When it’ll be raining for weeks and I will be suffering from withdrawal, I might try them again. For now I can’t recommend spending your money on those.

3 Likes

Interesting - I’ll be putting them on my board soon ish to test but it’ll be mostly dry surfaces for me

Also the range is very bad. I was getting 12km on the regular Flex. That’s about the lowest I’m getting when riding fast with Cloudwheels.

interesting, i gain more traction compare to cloudwheels in the same corner that i lose traction with clouds

That is what I expected with the Hydro wheels because the contact patch is clearly larger. I can only imagine they have some kind of strange rebound behavior on mixed pavements in my case.
For me the important thing is: I can tell where and when the Cloudwheels will loose traction. But not with the Hydro wheels. They stab me in the back. :wink: