Experience with AceDeck?

Been keeping an eye on them for a bit.
They seem to be ticking all the right boxes.
Their most recent board looks really interesting.
Was wondering if anyone had experience with them and if there are cautionary tales to be shared :slight_smile:

After their start with the lacroix clone stuff they’ve come a really long ways. I respect the innovation they’ve had recently and have a generally positive outlook on their future. Time will tell if their CS is good and able to keep up though.

3 Likes

I have been watching them too and finally decided to pull the trigger a few months ago. The X1 has an amazing deck/enclosure. The X3 is a 4 wheels hub motor drive board. It looks a little funky but the ride is amazing. I have taken everything apart and the fabrication quality is excellent.

I chatted with Eric, the owner of Acedeck, a couple days ago about the suspension trucks. I have a Tomiboi deck/enclosure that I want to try those full suspension trucks on.

3 Likes

Their motor controllers are very good until like 20mph then you feel a SHARP drop in power. Besides that people think they’re okay.

3 Likes

From my conversation with support and what the influncers are saying they will be releasing the drives and hangers as parts. I have a haero deck I want to put this one. The pricing of the complete is pretty enticing though. Considering you most likely have to buy the trucks + drive + hubs. Might not make sense from a monetary perspective to diy.

Thats great info. Probably wont want to go fast on a board with independant suspension to begin with so this doesn’t sound too much of a negative.

Yeah, off-roading is a great use case for an ESC like this

1 Like

Do you know if Big Beems Headlights work on the NYX Z3 trucks or Ares/Nomad trucks?

1 Like

No one has asked me to make them compatible yet but if there is interest I can make it happen

2 Likes

Do you know if it would be able to wire to Acedeck’s battery system? Another question is the wiring to the battery and light waterproof?

Hmm - having not worked with one yet, I’m not sure if they have additional power outputs from the battery. In the future I plan to offer a standalone battery for the lights but I haven’t developed that yet

2 Likes