Evolve Stoke - thoughts?

Bet the Riptide feels better honestly.
I hate the parts on mine but when it runs it feels great.
The Evolve looks awkward honestly

For completeness sake, this guy made a DIY copy:

If I were to get a kicktail board for travelling, I’d do it with:

• The NeoOne deck
  • Li-ion battery with NESE packs so that I could disassemble it and travel
  • Blue cagauama wheels
  • Mini maker ESC based on vesc (they’re so tiny! :smiley: )
  • Either eLofty direct drive in TKP, or an RKP belt setup. Don’t need turnability when you have a kicktail :slight_smile:
4 Likes

If your willing to hang tight for a few I am wrapping up spending a week with a review unit and going to compile my notes later tonight, short version is it’s a real mixed bag.

2 Likes

Doubt it. Just from a safety point of view I’d rather trust an evolve esc over the riptide drive system. Within a week of riding the riptide you will get loose belts and skipping brakes, and the belt tension is not adjustable. I also find the mounts very weak and it’s a tossup if you get one that was cast properly. My friend who has a few is always fixing something on it, recently he gave up and has been riding a onewheel for the past 6 months.

While I personally don’t own an evolve, I consider them closer to a boosted in terms of “it’s physically built decently”. And at least it’s easy to swap out the evolve esc for something else, where the upgrade path on the riptide is… difficult as you might know. The only acceptable quality part is the motors.

That all being said, from a price perspective this isn’t a fair comparison in the slightest.

Ive owned a riptide over for over a year.

1 Like

Howd that work out for you? :joy:

Not great. But what I said was

After replacing trucks and mounts it really was fun to ride.
As I build boards now it’s still a good deck with proper stance.
Not taking about the quality of the parts.
Taking about how the boards ride. The riptide is set up right.
The Evolve looks ridiculous.
Like something me and my buddys would build outta random parts for lolz to try just to say we did.

Agreed… Even Boosted made their trucks shorter for the mini.

1 Like

It’s not even a contract with the seller, it’s a way to get more profit. There is no advantages for them to not use them, so…

1 Like

Thoughts? The @BuildKitBoards Tayto kicks the shit out of this and is cheaper too.

2 Likes

If we had the solution feature this should be marked as the solution here lol

6 Likes

It rides ok wheel base is jusr a few inches shorter than the gtr i was able to use the kick to manual over a gap in the evolve car park. I am also in the people react to the stoke youtube video. See my stoke thread on other forum.

1 Like

Feels like a toy, just like the boosted mini

For sure they’ve got a contract with the seller, they uses Racerstar motors ans those are rock solid probably the most solid motors after hobbyking’s sk3, there soon going to turn to 6368 motors.
Motors are the only quality parts on evolve board (Gen 1/2/3)

Oof. But probably right (looking at battery sag here). There’s not much you can fuck up with a deck if you do a little bit of research, I think they nailed that on the head for some people, while others hate the deck, but in terms of build quality, the trucks and decks are not bad imo. The problem I see with their products are the Battery configuration, ESC and the remote. Not a fan of those three things. Motors are also lacking torque for me to be happy with the price they charge.

Edit: Oh, the wheels! I love their rubber… Been running their sleeves on my kaly for as long as I’ve had it now, and I love them.

I said for the old generation it was crap.
I shot an advertisement for evolve and during the shooting a trucks broke (i was After a lil’ crash yeah but…) I often see evolve trucks broken, some broken baseplate, broken kingpin etc. All those stuffs had been fixed with the gtr that use a half CNC trucks so it way better. The gtr isn’t Bad quality imo. The old gen for sure are. You just have to dismantle one to see by yourself.

1 Like