Evolve Killer - Lofty RX-1 | 12s4p vtc6 d140| 72kv Lofty DD dkp| FS 4.20+| Evolve 97s

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to write out the explanation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey had a follow up question. I bought an identical board to the one elofty offers from the factory but the wheel adapters (gear) do not fit the evolve 97mm wheels. Did you experience the same?

Mine fits hella tight. Need to pry the wheels out everytime I operated on the drives

1 Like

Looks just like the “Black Carve” from the guy with the hair.

It is the same factory but I put swapped most of the components out to do the DirectDrive some justice.

3 Likes

Buzzed amish makes a sleeved cupped (and flat) washer specifically for fatcone and chubbies. Haven’t tried those but there standard size washers work great.

Which Riptide pivot cups fit those trucks, Evolve or Gullwing?

The indy ice ones for tkp.

2 Likes

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I am just curious. Are the DD only possible to use with FOC, if so, how is the FOC working on the flipsky ESC?

Yes.
Depends on if you’re lucky enough to get a flipsky esc that wont blow :stuck_out_tongue:

This is so sad. There are no other in-stock alternatives than Flipsky. So for FOC my only options seems to be grabbing a used focbox or wait for the neoboxes to ship.

I have a mekerX dual and its running very nicely on FOC
Its a 4.x based ESC, but very worth for $120

2 Likes

I see, what amps you pushing through it? Might consider getting one

Same, using a makerx and it’s working fine. Settings are 60A/-60A and 30A/-6A each side. ( the -6 is low because of my batteries. It’s a work in progress :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Do you have it running on FOC?

1 Like

Yup! FOC and runs pretty smoothly too.

I haven’t ridden it too much but initial runs shows temps within acceptable range.

solid
I’m running 60a/-20a batt (total)
and 40a/-60a motor (each)

Do your DD’s overheat at 60a?
I find I get too much throttling at 60a :confused:

Haven’t really gone on any long top speed rides or hill climbs so not sure :confused: Also it’s winter where I am and ambient is around 50F

1 Like

Also how do you get throttling? Do your DD have a temp sensor probes?

no temp sensors. thermal throttling I think.
its a VERY significant power throttle.

At the worse times, I thought I accidentally tapped the VX1 remote’s “mode 1” but it was still on mode 3 :confused:

1 Like