Evolve GTR Charge port?

Never thought id post in here but oh well

My mates got an evolve gtr and I’m trying to help him make a range extender box on top of his board.

However it has a weird as plug, and has 3 connections so I’m assuming its a signal or something?

anyone got any idea of where to buy this plug or what its called or what on earth the 3rd pins for?
thanksya

2 Likes

I’ve got a lot of these (charger side)

I believe it’s proprietary, I ordered directly from evolves charger supplier

1 Like

The third pin is unused. It contributes to firm connection tho.
Many years ago battery sellers started using audio connectors in charge port for safety reasons.
Ping for example. That became a tendence and nowadays many sellers use the 3 pin connectors. I dunno anything about your board but i bet my boots the third pin is unused.

3 Likes

yeahhh i saw on your website. are you able to just ship some of the plugs that I’ve got photos of up there? You’d be saving us a fuckload of time and money :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

you sure of that? ik you sound pretty sure but big companies also use a third pin as a signal pin just to make life an absolute pain in the ass

1 Like

DC is + and - there’s no need for a third wire.

4 Likes

but this is evolve. they like to make life difficult. yes there’s no need necessarily but they could be doing it. @Chibatterysystems could you give me a pinout diagram by any chance?

3 Likes

If you plug another brand of charger it will work for sure. Just check +&- and you are golden.
Fans, voltmeters etc have often more than 2 wires. That’s justified. Chargers do not need it. The third pin allows other options though. Temperature for example but again it’s unnecessary for esk8 charge.

2 Likes

I just know the example of the onewheel plug. The third one was there to make sure the board won’t turn on while charging or something like that. Thats why the range Mods people did always left that pin out to trick the board.

(with timestamp)

5 Likes

Is for data communication to talking to BMS for third port.

4 Likes

Not always. I think 99% off the boards only use 2 pins to charge. Depends on the charge current I use sometimes XLR and that is without pin 3 connected.

1 Like

Can’t you just open the board up to see what the pins do? Or do evolve have it locked down?

see i dont have the board that’s the issue. could also open up the charger that’s the other option

2 Likes

3rd pin is not used if I remember correctly.

Yea I can sell you a few, how many do you need?

1 Like

That guys fucking stupid fuck face makes me angry deep inside

4 Likes

would you be able to send 5x to Sydney 2112 Australia? i could use some others for other projects

hey Matt,
did you get your plug?
i also want to build an range extender and this is the missing part.
did your friend finish his extender box?

hope you or anybody can help me.

Best regards from Austria

hey man I need a pair of those for a external power bank I’m making. Would you sell one male and one female to me ? or you have a buying reference ?
thanks a lot

hey guys, i’m desperate to find a GTR charge connector for a customers external battery … any idea where to get some ?

1 Like

message chibatterysystems on Instagram… probably your best op