Evolve Gen 1 Revive (parts help)

i will look into this! thank you very much!

it will just be easier for me if i just buy a specific VESC for the motor that i’m gonna replace the DC with.

The original Gen 1 motor is only 750 Watts or something anyway. I will be putting my Gen 1 kit together with a single 6374 and a Focbox in the next few weeks.

1 Like

you are also doing same build with gen 1 components? what parts will you use aside from the motor and focbox?

can your mount fit in here?

1 Like

@migimogi Yeah, brother :slight_smile: it has the same mounting pattern as the Evolve mounts with a bit of extra movement to adjust your angle. :wink:

EDIT: tagging

1 Like

Nothing amazing. 10s3p, Nano remote, my usual mild drop deck. Comfy cruiser only.

1 Like

where do you usually get your mounts and pulley?

2 Likes

I bought a full AT kit for peanuts a whlle back. Front/rear trucks single mount with bearings and brand new wheels/tires with single pulley and belt.

1 Like

we have the same dillema, i’m thinking of getting a torque boards kit and vesc motor and remote at flipsky. though i have to check the battery if it still works.

i tried to ride it yesterday it still works but it’s too sketchy with connection cut-offs so it’s too dangerous to ride it now.

let’s keep in contact in this thread and see our progress!

thanks! so my plan for torque boards and flipsky components should work right?

Proven stuff. Just make sure the mounts will work with your trucks.

Thank you very much!

update, still deciding on parts to get. placed the trucks on the deck and checking if the current enclosure will fit on the setup. definitely need to have the trucks reverse mounted for clearance.

1 Like

Parts have arrived!

Will try to just replace the VESC and the Remote once i had the chance.

2 Likes

Should be a fun upgrade.

I already installed the VESC on the board, everything works fine as first test, also configured the motor with VESC tool. Only thing that i’m missing is a power switch T_T

I have questions regarding VESC Tools, do you have settings for input controls like how do i set up the speed levels and all the functionality of the VX1 remote? i just checked if it worked and never tinkered more with it.

update! now it’s a functioning board!

will replace the old motor next

4 Likes

Noob question

I have a 5095 motor and a FSESC 4.12 50A Based on VESC® 4.12. previously it worked fine but suddenly it has knock issues and sometimes it won’t turn unless you spin it a little, i tried reprogamming it with VESC tool now it won’t turn completely (see video https://streamable.com/w9t55 ).

It seems like a sensor problem because it has hall sensor and it is connected but once i do the auto detect it says sensorless.

Thanks for the help in advance!