Evolve CGT rebuild Nyakim1.5

A few months ago my CGT battery started sagging after a mile. A few weeks ago it made me eat the street next to a city bus. Don’t know what I’m gonna do but I do know ALL electronics will be replaced.

It starts TODAY!!!

8 Likes

Oh boy haha an evolve battery sagging, never heard of that one :joy:

At least you made it out of the crash! So new ESC, battery, bms, etc?

3 Likes

yes I have a Unity I need to re-solder the phase wires. I have a 10s5p from Metroboards Double stack thick config. I replaced the motors with BRH5065 200Kv Racestars. I’m thinking OSRR remote but i really like split trigger remotes…but yeah that’s where I’m at now…of course all this may change :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t think a 10S5P double stack is going to fit in that enclosure, it’d need to be single stack. And not all single stack will fit. It’s really thin.

2 Likes

thinking of doing a top mount for now cause I have a double stack Metro board battery that just sitting around. but later I plan to get something made that will fit inside.

2 Likes

Progress…got the motor connectors soldered up. Unity placement and mounting next.

2 Likes

I really want to use this battery it’s been sitting around on storage charge for over 2 months now. I’d have to top mount it. Or I’ll have to order another flat pack to fit the Evolve compartment. :thinking: choices…choices. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I’ll get started on removing this broken screw while I decide.

1 Like

I’m learning to never trust production connections and solder joints…always check yo shyyt!!!

2 Likes

This compartment is REALLY, REALLY tight. I doubt there is a battery on the market that will fit.

The compartment is also not rectangular, it’s thinner in the front, etc.

The compartment itself is also conductive, which complicates matters further.

I am making a battery right now for a Carbon GT compartment and it’s much tighter than I imagined. I’d say anything other than a custom battery is going to be a no-go.

1 Like

top mount it is then. Is there a max length for phase wires?

Not in terms of longboard scales, no.

1 Like

Progress…

1 Like

It’s done test ride later…

2 Likes

How come you didnt go with a flat style 18650 10s5p pack? My board for reference. Running flipsky 4.20 6355 tb motors and a ideatb motor mounts

Since your top mount now couldn’t get more cells then a 10s5p? Maybe 10s8p more range.

2 Likes

I only went top mount for now cause this battery has been sitting around for 3 month. i figure i’d put it to use. I plan to go with a flat pack later maybe next session. you got that CGT looking guud bruh.